#Hatchlings > #Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicG

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just had a clutch of Diamond Python eggs hatch and was naturally surprised to:
a) see this ... (excuse photo from phone)
DiamondTwins.jpg
b) eventually learn that 20 babies emerged from 14 eggs!

Anyone else have any similar stories?

Cheers,
Nic

Wow 6 sets of twins! That would be a nice bonus. There was an olive clutch with a large number of twins as well.

and scleropages got something stupid out of a clutch of 9 with sets of twins and triplets

Congratulations... sooo... painting the room pink AND blue eh?

Congrats!

I bet you scrabbled madly to set up the extra 6 enclosures for those extra little guys.

Good news mate, getting them feeding could be tricky though, keep us updated with their progress. Any pics of Mum and Dad?!

Wow - so many twins! I had one set in my first clutch, but didn't catch both poking heads out and didn't know there were twins until I spotted a baby snake loose in the incubator. It had escaped the egg container shortly after pipping and before I sealed it tightly. I assume the two lightest were my twins. If so, the twins were an albino and a het. If I'd had as many sets of twins as you, I would have had to quickly shop for more gear!

were the twin eggs bigger or the babies smaller?

check the latest scails & tails (issue 15, january 2011) for the interview with paul (scleropages) he got 16 hatchies from 7 eggs(jungles)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back