dalbarb reptile enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Reaction score
how many people recomend these enclosures i think thay look great but are thay strong enougth to hold 3 other tanks on top of them as some tanks will bent when weight is placed on top of them. im looing into changing all my enclosures so thay all match in looks so my rep room dosent look so wierd. and i seen these and thay are only priced at $235 for 3ft and $308 for 4ft, $191 for 2ft enclosure so has anyone used these tanks if so what are your thoughts about them

cheers

i have quite a few of them and they dont seem that bad to me !!

but with power bills rising its best to go for enclosures made of wood with as little glass in it as possible.

wood retains the heat wereas glass doesnt.

meaning : cheaper power consumption

i have quite a few of them and they dont seem that bad to me !!

but with power bills rising its best to go for enclosures made of wood with as little glass in it as possible.

wood retains the heat wereas glass doesnt.

meaning : cheaper power consumption

There's an idea - double glazed enclosures ;)

do you mean double glazed glass not enclosure if so it would be way cheaper take your class to a local glass shop in sted of paying for you to do it and than have to pay for your job and than postage as well but if you do mean enclosures its a good idea but how much more will it cost

cheers

Dalbarb are great. These are no-frills no-fuss cages, and I've seen a couple of friends with them.
Well worth the money and very durable from what I've been told.
For snakes, please please please do NOT use all-glass enclosures, you'll stress the heck out of your snakes and end up with possible serious problems. Please, if you're going to use glass enclosures, mount them inside a wooden enclave so the snake doesn't think it's in the open. Snakes do not like glass enclosures in my experience.

Get a custom one made. would work out cheaper and you wouldn have to worry about strength.

i have 3 dalbarbs.. had them for about 6 years.. still going great guns.. i like them they are simple and no fuss

Get a custom one made. would work out cheaper and you wouldn have to worry about strength.

I've never seen people selling custom made ones that cheap. Can you recommend him to me because I'm looking for a new tank?

I've never seen people selling custom made ones that cheap. Can you recommend him to me because I'm looking for a new tank?

Considering Crikey is looking at replacing ALL his enclsoures it will be cheaper. Old saying goes, more you buy cheaper they are!

My sis got her 4ftx4ftx2ft with a 4ftx2ftx2xft underneath and storage under that which was made by Simon at everything reptiles for $800 wired. Put a divider in the big one, u get 3 4x2x2 for $800. The Dalbarb ones are $308 each, simple maths gives u a $124 saving and its CUSTOM.

Dalbarb are great. These are no-frills no-fuss cages, and I've seen a couple of friends with them.
Well worth the money and very durable from what I've been told.
For snakes, please please please do NOT use all-glass enclosures, you'll stress the heck out of your snakes and end up with possible serious problems. Please, if you're going to use glass enclosures, mount them inside a wooden enclave so the snake doesn't think it's in the open. Snakes do not like glass enclosures in my experience.
i have 2 snakes in a glass tank and had no issues i think as long as you put some hides in there it will be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back