running 1 thermostat to 2 tanks??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John_lisa

Reaction score
hey guys iv read that it is possable to set up a thermostat (MICROclimate) to controle 2 tanks i am asking for help on how this works as i could us that due to i have 4 tanks and 2 thermostats atm lol im only asking due to the thermostat has one temp reader/gadge and how the 2 heat mats conect to the one thermostat plug i only say that due to i have pluged the thermostat into a 4 pack and it didnt work so yea.

can someone pls tell me how this works so that i can set it up myself

You'd just need to hook a power board to the thermo then you could control up to four different enclosure. You just have to be careful that they all heat up the same way and be aware that if the globe blows in the one with the thermo probe it could cook the other one if you dint notice quickly

So long as the tanks are the same size, of a similar setup and should be no problems, check the max wattage your thermostat can take as you don't want to overload it.
Just remember to use the Same wattage bulbs. In each tank as well.

all enclosures need to be the same size with the same size heating. also whatever is being kept in the enclosures needs to require the same temperature. as has been said care needs to be take if the heating should fail in the enclosure with the thermostat probe in it as the other enclosures could then over heat

ok excelent i had to think for a min but i think i get what u all mean thanxs heaps and yes there the same size tanks i build mine myself well the 2 tanks ill be doing this 2 are furniture that iv built to a tank to accomadate my 2 jungle pythons :) thanx heaps guys this should be heaps good now i can run a thermo to my spotted tank i wont have to cheack its temp 24/7 lol

just one more thing can i hear how ppl put there thermo probs and heat mats and things cuz i have my heat mats in one side and a cave over the top of that but the thermo prob is like 10 20cm higher then the heat mat but its above the cave is that ok or should i put the prob in the cave the tanks are high tanks aswell the 1.2 meters high sorry about the questions just i have not set up a tank for older snakes before and atm one of my jungles is nuts and wonted to see if it might be getting worse due to heat being wrong thanx

That's something you'd have to experiment with. A lot of people put the probe in direct contact with the heat mat. Then you just do a bit of trial and error to find what thermostat setting gives you the necessary ambient temperatures you want

ok thanx saximus guess ill just play around with it i guess trial and error is the best way for anyone to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back