what have you told telemarketers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a 'do not call register' you can ask the telemarketer to put you on it or you can call up yourself

if your on the register its illegal for the telemarketers to call you

ive worked as a telemarketer for a very short time and its actually fun hearing people abuse you and hear all there replies (expecially when 15 other workers are listening to the same call!!!

Friends and family ususally call the mobiles so if the home phone rings it's almost always a telemarketer. When I answer and say hello they have 3 seconds to say hello. If they don't answer in that time I know it's an over seas call and I hang up and avoid having to speak to them.

I spoke to a girl from Melbourne for 45 minutes once and when I went down to Melbourne to see a friend met up with her. Some telemarketers are hot young girls go figure.

i ahve played all the pranks i agree with them to get them going and everything they ask or sell me to when i want to play i just say stauff that doesnt make sense if the try to sell my a new phone provider i ask which company and talk about a different company just go on with jibberish, and i waste they time as much as possible i make of them and really have some enterainment out of it !

saximus - your last line written above ( just doing there job of there chosen profession ) most of these companies are based in overseas countires that staff have training in local customs and use of speach ( which i find is deceptive in the fact they use aussie names and have speach training to make them sound austraaliann ( boganism )

I have to confess, if I hear a foreign voice I say "no thanks" and hang up....I feel awful cause I dont like being rude, however these people are extremely pushy. And it is the easiest way to stop their babble

Two things that you can try:
Ask them for their phone number and tell them you will have to ring them back.

Or you are can be a detective at a crime scene and you start to question them in regards to their relationship to the victim,current whereabouts,alibi for the murder,etc

If I answer the phone and nobody answers within 2 seconds I hang up.My nephew told me a good one what he does is says "Do you know what a truck sounds like reversing"then hangs up.

don't get telemarketers calling anymore :) ...we used to get a heap of people calling...and not only telemarketers, but peope wanting to buy fruit and vegetables xD...i have no idea what the previous owners of the house did...anyways.we got a private phone number and it solved all of our random caller woes.

Telemarketer: Is **** home
Me: Speaking
Telemarkerter: usual speal yad yada can i interest yada yada
Me: (interepts in the middle of the speal) sorry you have the wrong number...
Telemarketer: But aren't you **** how can this be the wrong number?
Me: sorry it's the wrong nuumber as you dialled my number and thought I would be interested in your crap...
Telemarketer: beep beep beep beep
Me: smug smile on my face....

Last edited:
i usually just hang up but if i am in a good mood i just tell them, "listen i know you need to get your call rates up, i will hang up the phone in 10 mins, you can yap on as much as you want, i am not listening"

I always say "sorry I'm not interested" and they normally say, "ok, no worries".

But one time when I said that, the guy said "but you don't even know what I'm offering, how do you know you're not interested?"
So I let him do his speil, I asked a million questions and then when he asked me what I thought I said, "I'm still not interested and never really was" and he started abusing me lol.
He asked why I wasted his time etc. so I just told him this long story to waste more of his time.
He then asked what that had to do with our previous conversation and I said "nothing at all, I thought we were just telling each other stuff to waste each others time."

Then he hung up and we haven't had anymore calls since :)

Well an Indian guy rang and asked for my mum. So i started playing and annoying him and said i dont need a new phone plan. Well i ended up giving the phone to mum....it was her freaking boss. I felt really bad :/

Or you are can be a detective at a crime scene and you start to question them in regards to their relationship to the victim,current whereabouts,alibi for the murder,etc

I only recently heard that one lol. Classic!

Does anyone get the people trying to convince you there is a virus on your computer and if you would just give them access and download this file they will fix the problem?

Does anyone get the people trying to convince you there is a virus on your computer and if you would just give them access and download this file they will fix the problem?

I got that once and I just asked the guy to explain to me what a computer was :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back