what have you told telemarketers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has any one heard of VIP TEL? << or something like that, they try to set you up with their phone contract and you get a "free" tv or laptop, my stupid mate gave them my number DERRR after the 2nd time i told them i am at work and it is harassment and to stop calling...they hung up QUICK SMART. i got another call few weeks later i said the same thing but in more detail and a bit more abusive....no calls since :D

I had a call from "optus" once offering to sell me a phone...Usually I hang up when I hear the delay too like other people said, but I was slow this time; and once they say hi I feel somewhat obliged...

I said "no" to the phone, and then they said it was a Nokia...so I said "Nokia's are ****, and no"
he then asked if I'm the adult of the household...to which I said no...

he then...and I'm NOT even making this up,
asked if I'd like to go on a date with him?!! I was like "sorry, what?" honestly thinking I'd heard him wrong...but nope...was asked out by a foreign telemarketer O____O

Thanks guys, just registered our number on the Do not Call list. We will see how good it is as we get at least two every night...always at dinner time!

Thanks guys, just registered our number on the Do not Call list. We will see how good it is as we get at least two every night...always at dinner time!
Can you let us know how that goes Fay. I've heard about it before but always just assumed there were ways for people to get around it so it wouldn't make any difference

From what I have heard, some charities do not have to abide by this law, but I will let you know how we go. Did say it may take up to 30 days for some to stop.

i usually tell em to ******* OFF! they a;ways seem to ring at dinner time in my house, or they ask for Mr Mellford (being me) and i tell em to hold for a min while i grab him and usually never return to the phone, one guy sat there for 1 hour once waiting!! i kno its a lil mean but im sick of it, these guys never take no for answer

i usually tell em to ******* OFF! they a;ways seem to ring at dinner time in my house, or they ask for Mr Mellford (being me) and i tell em to hold for a min while i grab him and usually never return to the phone, one guy sat there for 1 hour once waiting!! i kno its a lil mean but im sick of it, these guys never take no for answer

That's what I do, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back