spottys wont feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogeyfree

Reaction score
6 month old spottys will not take pinkies even scented with skink any ideas thanks

More than one that will not feed? Look at your husbandry before anything else.What temps are they kept at and how have you got them set up?

4 that will not feed temp is 28c,kept in seperate plastic containers might try putting mice in warm water b4 feed...

shouldnt temps be higher? can someone confirm this or correct me if not?

I had a spotted and kept him at 32

temps should definitely be higher that 28c mate. especially in winter if you want to continue feeding. as Shell said, 32c would be nice.
the spotteds wont eat if it's cold.
if they're still not feeding after a few days of the temps being put up, maybe think about braining the pinkies, scenting with chicken or quail, or if that doesn't work, maybe try assist feeding (or calling someone you know that has experience with this)

good luck with them.

As both shell477 and Trouble said, up your temps to 32, leave a few days then try again. How long have you had your spotted?

thanks will give it a go

i have had spottys for 15 years never had any probs till now

My two 6 month old unrelated Macs eat fuzzies every Sunday,temps at 32c-24/7

It is more to do with the ambient temps.Even if you keep the hot side at 32ish they still wont feed if the cool side is getting too low.Aim for a 32/25 gradient and you shouldn't have a problem.In particular check temps early in the morning,around 7am,the coldest part of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back