You know when your an aussie when?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When even staring at disaster you can hear the phrase "She'll be right mate" in that oh sooo familiar aussie(preferrably male)drawl(why I only borrow Aussie Men, gotta love em :lol:)When you have the best, why bother with the rest....

You know you're Aussie when you can't ride your kangaroo to school so you're just gonna have to settle for your emu.

Oh and you know every word to 'Horses' by Darryl!!

you know your an Aussie because you LOVE Vegemite on buttered toast!

• You know that snow is a memorable and freakish occurrence. Sometimes it’s even fake.
  • “gimp”, “bogan” or “geezer” is a random idiot, someone in trouble is in “strife”
  • You know that while we call our friends ‘mates’, we don’t use terms like ‘sheila’ and ‘shrimp on the barbie’, contrary to popular belief.
  • One word: Skippy.
  • If you’re a pedestrian and cars are stopped at a red light, you will fearlessly cross the street in front of them. ‘Hit and runs’ just aren’t cricket. Because Aussies stick together.
  • You know that you can’t eat Fantales alone… Otherwise who will you play the ‘Who am I…’ game with when you’re reading the wrapper?
  • You believe that democracy means the freedom to draw caricatures of good ol’ Johnny Howard.
  • You know the first verse to the national anthem, but still don’t know what “girt” means. And you’re ok with that.
  • You know that backyard cricket is a nice way to bond with family and the rubbish bin. And the ‘one bounce, one hand’ rule always applies.
  • You have a story that somehow involves an excessive consumption of booze… but you can’t remember.
  • You know how to slip, slop, slap like it’s nobody’s business.
  • You know Drop Bears exist. Positively.
  • You know Australia IS the best bloody place on earth. Bar none.

You buy an Ab Lounge, only use it as a deck chair, and complain it didn't come with a stubby holder.

AB_Lounge%202.jpg

ps, makes a bloody good deck chair too....speaking from experience. :D

.....when you go to the bottle shop for a six pack, not the gym.

Last edited:
You know your Australian... when it says on your birth certificate "Born in Australia"...

When your riding your kangaroo to school and get attacked by a drop bear...

Last edited:
Strife !!!!

when ya born a Bogan which i gether was a term like Westie !!!

i am proud to be bogan and always will !!!
this is the wikipedia meaning of it !!

The term bogan is Australian slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for an individual who is recognised to be from a lower class background or someone whose limited education, speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour exemplifies such a background.[1] WHAT THE TRUCK ?????
In Australia, "bogan" is generally synonymous with the older term "yobbo" (or "yob"). In New South Wales, "westie" has a similar meaning; this term refers to people from Western Sydney.

Comparison might be made with the Scots Gaelic bòcan or the Manx buggane, mythological creatures with elements of mischief, nuisance or malice.SOUNDS LIKE ME !!!!!!

Certain types of clothing are stereotypically associated with bogans, including flannelette shirts, Stubbies shorts, Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon utes,[8] ugg boots,[9] jeans and black leggings

Although the term 'bogan' is understood across Australia and New Zealand, certain regions have their own slang terms for the same group of people. These terms include:
The term "westie" or "westy" is not synonymous with bogan, although westies are often stereotyped as being bogans. "Westie" seems to predate bogan by some years,[2] and originated in Sydney in the 1970s, to refer to people from that city's western suburbs. "Westie" is now in wide use in many cities and towns across both Australia and New Zealand, where it especially refers to the denizens of West Auckland.

Bogan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you know your an Aussie when you go to immigration to sit the citizenship test without any study.
You walk in and there are 15 people already doing the test, you finish the 20 questions in under 10 minutes, get an instant 20/20, walk out, sit in the foya to sign papers for another 20 minutes and none of the others who where in there in the first place have exited the test yet. I am a very proud newly crowned Aussie after spending all bar 6 months of my 42 years of life here. Mind you i may have disrupted their thinking with my cheers.

My sister and her friend came down to SA from QLD to visit us this year...
I could not believe he hadn't heard the term bogan and hence had no idea what it meant.

I was just....gobsmacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back