Shark Diving SA Pic Heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went shark diving on Saturday with Calypso Shark Diving. It would have to be the best thing I have even done, it was a perfect day flat seas and sun all day. There was about 8 different great whites spread over the day, the biggest about 5m but most were 3m to 4m. I was in the cage for about 45 minutes, there were 5 sharks around the cage whilst I was in the water. It was amazing to watch them move so effortlessly through the water. It may sound odd, but I found it really peaceful being in the water watching them. I highly recommend it to everyone. Its not that expensive either flights, accommodation, shark diving plus everything else under $1400 each for the weekend.

Here are some underwater pics (I have about 400 plus videos but just choose a few) enjoy.
6004467863_bd0437cca0_b.jpg

6004994080_808f2e6582_b.jpg

6004994086_49a16616d2_b.jpg

6004994092_c5756b1dd1_b.jpg

6004994094_074a1e12ac_b.jpg

6004994096_4104163a37_b.jpg

6004994102_b155c6a157_b.jpg

6004467837_d9800c0c71_b.jpg

6004467845_df9623c92e_b.jpg

6004467853_c3ceeac8b6_b.jpg

Awesome!! That's a great way to spend a day. Kiss your A goodbye though if you see one and you aren't in a cage!
Was that with Rodney Fox?

that is so amazing! where was it? definitely sounds worth the money...

What an amazing experience that would have been, awesome looking creature never not amazed everytime I see a pic or vid.

Cement No it wasn't with Rodney Fox he only does trips for a couple of days. It was with Calypso shark diving.
The diving was just off Neptune Island which is located about 40 miles from Port Lincoln. It works out to be 2 1/2hrs boat trip.

AWESOME!!! I so want to do that, it's definitely on my to-do list :D
Love the photos, what sort of camera did you use? I love the 3rd from the bottom.
I can understand you being at peace with them swimming around. I find them graceful & beautiful. high respect for these creatures :)

Imagine your in the water alone with that shark. (4th and 5th pic in my mind). All I can say is RAAAAWWWWWWR! That seems so awesome, I have to do this

I was using a Panosonic Lumix waterproof. I bought it the other week and I am really impressed with it. It's RRP is $300 but got it on special for $230. The underwater video came out really well which was good.

Imagine your in the water alone with that shark. (4th and 5th pic in my mind). All I can say is RAAAAWWWWWWR! That seems so awesome, I have to do this
What I found interesting was that you could see that the sharks were interested in us but not outright wanting to eat us. I will try and upload a video tomorrow or Friday.

very nice! this is on my to do list ....
Just as a matter of interest, it doesn't look like you are too far below the surface - did they put the cage any lower?

very nice! this is on my to do list .... Just as a matter of interest, it doesn't look like you are too far below the surface - did they put the cage any lower?
The cage is on the surface but you about 3-4 foot under the water. It's only on the surface which means that anyone can do it as you don't need diving experience.

I'm not the jealous type...but I'm pretty envious of this.

Amazing.

Are there any shark charters that have the cage that goes completely under? Or are they all surface cages?

Thanks for sharing pics :D

I think Rodney Fox does sub-surface diving but they only do week trips and research trips. You would need diving experience I would imagine.

I did the same thing last year and loved it. We only had 3 sharks around us, but also saw whales on the trip. Not coming from a diving background the only problem I had was initially getting used to the whole breathing underwater thing. It is amazing watching them glide past you. We also had a huge Kingfish drop by and I was amazed at its size. Highly recommended, I will go back and do it again.

I did the same thing last year and loved it. We only had 3 sharks around us, but also saw whales on the trip. Not coming from a diving background the only problem I had was initially getting used to the whole breathing underwater thing. It is amazing watching them glide past you. We also had a huge Kingfish drop by and I was amazed at its size. Highly recommended, I will go back and do it again.

I know what you mean about breathing through a regulator for the first time. I didn't help jumping into cold water as you need to breath slowly which is hard. There were done massive king fish around. Most were about 40-50cm but there were a couple about 1-1.2m. Here is a photo taken 2 days after I was there. They caught a big kingy whilst fishing.
ca7c4a25-bdcc-6414.jpg

1 of the great whites seems to be carrying a sonar tag.
great experience, always look over my shoulder when i spear fish...........lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back