Black head tongue not working

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

panda111

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Gday
i recently bought a new black head hatchling and i have noticed that it wasnt using its tongue as most pythons would. I opened her mouth up and noticed that it was pushed to the side and seemed lifeless. It eats resonably well as it has to have the rat resting on its mouth to grab it. Just wanted to know if anyone has come across it before and yes im aware that i need to see a vet just wanted to ask before i have to cough up some cash for a vet bill.
cheers

Get in touch with the person you bought it from they might be able to help you out

This is just going to be a guess but from something else i read on here if the tongue looks limp and not to be working it can be a sign that the breeder/previous owner may have force fed the snake and done damage (not making any form of accusation at all as i don't know the situation or people involved).
I would speak to the breeder and then to a vet. It is good sign it is eating at least.

I had an olive python that severed it's tongue it eat several times unassisted but the long term was not good for the young fella. Contact the breeder as em1986 said it may have been caused from being force feed but the breeder should not have sold it to you like that willingly. But it may be an honest error. Good luck with it and try everything and everything to get it right for the BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back