Help! Stimson Python Not Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfliedner

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i recently bought a one year old stimsons python. The store i bought it from gave me hopper mice to feed it. I put one in but he wont eat it. He hasn't eaten for about two weeks. Any advice would be great :) Thanks

Two weeks without eating is no big deal for a python.Maybe he is due to shed?
His he looking blueish? Has he eaten for you at all?

he isnt shedding as he shed a week before i got him which was about two weeks ago. Is it maybe that he is still settling in. But he drinks alot as well.

Drinks a lot? What do you mean by that? Most people never even get to see they snake drinking...maybe he is TOO Hot?
He will also need to settle in as well.

Yes ive seen him drink twice. the temp is about 27 degrees celcius but do you think it should be turned down.

Your stimmie need a hot end/spot of 32-34 dg, at the temp your keeping it at it WILL NOT eat.

ok thanks tonnes. i think the place which i purchased it from was a bit dodgy :?

Keeping Childrens Pythons by Greg Fyfe & Darren Green get it!

^^ Above poster is biting his tongue because if you already have it, it has all the keeping information you needed, thus, you shouldn't have made a mistake with temps etc etc............ etc.

Worth a read through it several times over a cup of tea or relaxing in the bath.

People here are more than happy to help with information, but it's always good if we can help ourselves too - I won't ask a questions until I have exhausted all other avenues of information first (There is even a Thread titles "help my snake won't eat" is the Herp Help Section - worth a read also)

When I first got my Coastal she didn't eat for the first three weeks.
I ended up popping a whole in the mouses head and left it in the enclosure for her and left it for a few hours.
When I went back to check, the mouse was gone.
I was worried the same as you are now, but I made sure temps were good and everything
else was where it should be and left the rest to her. I'm very new to this and have found
lots of good info on this forum to help me learn. If everything is where it should be, your snake will eat
when it's ready.
Good luck.

thanks i read it a couple of hours or so ago and had a good read but thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back