Gmail or Hotmail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with both and can tell me why everyone says gmail is so much better? I've got an account with both but forward all my email accounts (gmail, home and Uni) to my hotmail account so it's all in one. I don't have any major problems with hotmail but yeah just curious why everyone is switching to gmail and wondering if I should go through the hassle of doing the same

I think Gmail is better as it isnt just a gmail account, its a google account. You can login to youtube with your google account plus theres loads of good features IMO

Honestly, I have both and I can't really figure out what is better about gmail. It has some extra features built in like internet phone and chat that can be accessed from the page and you can have pretty backgrounds, but other than that, they are both much the same as far as I can see. I don't use the chat or phone feature.

I think Gmail is better as it isnt just a gmail account, its a google account. You can login to youtube with your google account plus theres loads of good features IMO
True about the youtube google bit but if you have everything linked to facebook you can do that anyway.

Gmail.. Hotmail is where hackers lurk
I've had my gmail account hacked more than once

I have hotmail but don't use it. I just use yahoo unless I am at work. I think they are all the same really.

U had gmail hacked more than once?, Think you should make passes harder

Gmail is not infallible, no public email is, in fact no public social site fullstop is. Plus the fact I have had gmail since it first started and you needed an invite to join so a couple of times isn't bad. I have had hotmail longer and also only been hacked a couple of times.

I like my gmail account because I can have a ninja theme and all the dot points are shurikens :D
But on a more serious note, gmail groups together all the emails sent under the one Subject Heading, rather than having to filter through dozens of emails just to find the original so it's a bit more user friendly and quicker.
There's also how you appear using different email addresses; hotmail is generally associated with teenagers and kids who don't know better, while gmail is a bit more professional (but this is only really a concern if you're giving an email address to potential employees or clients or something).
That's all I can work out though, it's really just a matter of what you find easier to use.

I like my gmail account because I can have a ninja theme and all the dot points are shurikens :D
But on a more serious note, gmail groups together all the emails sent under the one Subject Heading, rather than having to filter through dozens of emails just to find the original so it's a bit more user friendly and quicker.
There's also how you appear using different email addresses; hotmail is generally associated with teenagers and kids who don't know better, while gmail is a bit more professional (but this is only really a concern if you're giving an email address to potential employees or clients or something).
That's all I can work out though, it's really just a matter of what you find easier to use.

Haha, I have the ninja theme as well. And yeah, I do like the grouping thing. Half my uni email accounts are linked to gmail and half and my personal web page are linked to hotmail so I'm kinda stuck with both for now.

Yeah that's actually why I created the gmail one. I didn't think saximus666@hotmail was very professional.
Thanks guys yeah I guess email is pretty much email. I suppose that reputation thing is the main issue from what I've heard too

Yeah that's actually why I created the gmail one. I didn't think saximus666@hotmail was very professional.
Thanks guys yeah I guess email is pretty much email. I suppose that reputation thing is the main issue from what I've heard too
My hotmail account was originally my ex's who never used it but now so many people have that email address I am reluctant to stop using it.

I switched to gmail back when you had to have an invite to be able to open a gmail account... many many years ago. I never looked back.

All I can say is - NONE!

I've used Yahoo for countless years (since the internet was first discovered in the 90s)... Yahoo has been really easy to use, unlimited storage space, can use the mailto links to go straight to Yahoo, really easy to forward from other mail providers (I use my slingshot account as well so I can use my real name for things like job interviews).

Basically, it's down to user choice (of course).

Open both!!!

Open all three!!!

Use aliases...

Be out there Saxi buddy...

BTW - I don't like the way the new Yahoo works compared to the original... but I think I just get stuck in my ways and I need to broaden my horizons sometimes before I turn into a fuddy duddy...

1984 the net was discovered. 90's we got to use it

Sorry, I was being facetious - not factitious... Apologies if I offended severe nerdisms out there... Please give my regard to your god (either jobs or gates).

I've got both,but only got the gmail because i needed one for youtube haha

Does gmail have something like msn messenger that you can see at a glance whether or not you have emails? Or is going to your inbox the only way to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back