ID Spectacular Silver Green Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Can someone ID this guy found in a backyard in Newcastle today.

If that did not work have a look in my 2011 album.

Sorry for the hassel and thanks for the assistance.

Attachments

• PICT0018_a.jpg
    PICT0018_a.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 222
I seen one out at blue gum hills park today, not as bright as that one but.

Most are rely dull, untill they get thretend and they extend there throat and show if the brigther colours under there scales, and try to make them selfs look bigger.

I seen one out at blue gum hills park today, not as bright as that one but.

Yeah I didn`t real close, took off back into the bush before I could get near it.

View attachment 217095View attachment 217096the snake in question was rescued half an hour ago, it was stuck fast & wasnt going anywhere, it had been there for 2 days, it had crawled under a cement drive way & become stuck,i had to take to the driveway with a hammer,chisel & crowbar to get it out, it has a a rip in its skin about the size of a 20 cent piece.it will be handed over to the vet for a check up before being released...

I've attached a couple of pics of the same animal showing threat and non-threat attitude. Not as spectacular as the OPs photo

Attachments

• Animalia_Reptilia_Squamata_Serpentes_Colubridae_Dendrelaphis_DendrelaphisPunctulata_0022.jpg
    Animalia_Reptilia_Squamata_Serpentes_Colubridae_Dendrelaphis_DendrelaphisPunctulata_0022.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 61
  • Animalia_Reptilia_Squamata_Serpentes_Colubridae_Dendrelaphis_DendrelaphisPunctulata_0023.jpg
    Animalia_Reptilia_Squamata_Serpentes_Colubridae_Dendrelaphis_DendrelaphisPunctulata_0023.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 61
Do many people keep these? From my understanding they have a mainly fish eating diet and can smell pretty nasty, but gosh I'd be keen to keep something that beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back