First one for Spring................

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of dead ones in local streets over the past couple of weeks but this is the first one I've seen in my yard.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    688.6 KB · Views: 207
This was who greeted me at the front door recently when I came home....

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

he was fine with u picking him up?

Wild blue tongues generally seem pretty chilled...Ive picked up many, usually sleep lizards (shingle backs), since I was a kid to move them...never had a problem.

Your blue tongue look fatter than the one I found.

We have had a cricket plauge in Adelaide over the past 6 months. I'm not suprised he's been well fed!! I went into plantrooms full of them on the floor.

That is sad you've seen two already dead.
Last summer we had a one in the warehouse after a couple of hot days I took him outside because it really is not good for any animals to reside in our warehouse.
img031-1.jpg

whoa I forgot how fat he was. And very placid laying on my forearm.

He was the first Bluey I've held for many years, I'd forgotten how much their crap stunk until he snapped one off on my hand.

This was who greeted me at the front door recently when I came home....

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

That's one handsome wild bluetongue. I'd be encouraging it to stick around by offering it food treats WHEN EVER YOU SEE IT - it might become quite a nice resident and great pest exterminator in your yard.

I've not seen my resident bluetongue hanging about yet, never tried to pick it up.

That's one handsome wild bluetongue. I'd be encouraging it to stick around by offering it food treats WHEN EVER YOU SEE IT - it might become quite a nice resident and great pest exterminator in your yard.

I've not seen my resident bluetongue hanging about yet, never tried to pick it up.

Unfortunately I can't, we have 3 Jack Russell's & while they've never killed anything, I'd hate to give them an opportunity. I let him go in the scrub behind our house (which is probably where he came from anyway) so hopefully he lives out a peaceful existence there.

It is awesome when you come home to find them like that though :)

there a pretty decent size one that lives in the old ladies laundry next door i saw it last summer basking out on the concrete i asked her about it she said it sleeps under her washing machine and scares the crap out of her all the time lol but she just lets it be, and unfortunately there has been a few dead ones around here aswell the boy from down the road from me came up with one that was dead thinkin it was my blue tongue.

Our jack russel unfortunately kills 3-4 wild bluey's a summer in our back yard. This dog breed is a hunter and cant control his natural instinct. I feel saddened with every death, as do the kids. Now my son has 2 beardies, and the dog is banished when the dragons come out of their enclosures.

gorgeous animals
used to get tons of them in our old house now I live in apartments so I don't see many. Would love to get some in the future! Always loved the eastern pattern

The op has a mad crisp pattern and colour. Nice one Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back