Sake skin hat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozmotorsport

Not so new Member
Reaction score
And when you wnat a free massage you just tickle her skin and she gives quite a good squeeze.

THis is her favorite sport to watch TV.

Now for the important part of the thread.

Today is feeding day again and I dont wnat the dramas of last week. So here is my plan, give me your thoughts.

1) Remove the wood shavings substrate and replace with newspaper (throw woodshaving in bin they make a mess).

2) Thaw out rat in luke warm water

Question, In or out or the resealable plastic bag.

3) HEat up rat in more warm water but not too hot.

4) feed to snake.

Note: dont get bitten.

Also, talking about biting, a couple of times when I son has started here with his clammy little fingers she has struck at his but NEVER open her mounth, it's like a head-but. Normal behaviour for a Darwin ?

These are all things I never saw my dianond do, including yawning. How amazing is it when they yawn? it's like a flip top head ha ha

306962_2423496109050_1300898019_2837006_426630692_n.jpg

166927_2423458868119_1300898019_2836957_1848124419_n.jpg

I think its personal preference but i thaw mine out in the bag so as to keep the smell. all the rest is as i would do, news paper is much easier to deal with. And yes try not to get bitten lol. Thats a mighty pretty snake there by the way. Im not sure about the head butting but if it wanted to do real damage it would id say more of a warning then anything. (just my opinion though) speak to the experts. I love when my snakes yawn as well, but then iv been known to sit in front of them for hours just watching them move around the vivs lol sad i know.

In or out of bag is fine. The rat being a little wet doesn't make no difference, infact it just helps hydrate. The warm water i use is just straight from the tap and never had issues of it being overheated.

I've had morelia do as you describe, as in strike but with their mouth close and never connecting, i've always gathered it being just a bluff strike and saying "Leave me alone" as they are pretty accurate with striking if they actually did want to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back