Recommend me my next herp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeynewbie

Reaction score
I've just organised to by a huge tank off someone on this site(it's the one in the for sale section advertised in Nowra for anyone who wants to check it out) and I'm contemplating what I might put in it. It's quite a tall tank so I'm thinking along the lines of snakes with more arboreal natures or lizards that like an upright tank like Boyds, etc. Many of you have seen the smaller tank I've done for my new snake in the other thread so as you can imagine this huge tank will be pretty spesh and I'd like something pretty spesh to put in it. I have plans for a small waterfall as I have some spare small power pumps/filters floating around.

So any ideas. I don't mind spending the money for something good but can't really afford to spend thousands as I have other projects running too that take up the $$. Oh and I'd like something that is reasonably likely to breed in that tank as I may send a few babies to work for display, etc.

What about some frillies?!?! They are AWSOME And very very interesting

What state are you in snakeynewbie? In NSW the Frillies require a R2 license. The boyds use to but I can't find them on the current list so don't know if its changed.

Small monitors are awesome. I miss my ackie so much. Yeah he use to sleep in till lunch tine but once he got up he was so active, run around, it was really fun to sit there and watch him. Feeding him was cute - all the attitude of a monitor but in miniature form was very cute to watch.

Short video of my fella eating a cocky - Spiny tailed goanna on Vimeo - Hope you're in cocky heaven now buddy :(

Last edited:
I'm happy to upgrade my license but I'll need to wait a while I think from recollection in NSW. Unless I can get an exemption on the waiting period given I work in a zoo and deal with level 2 and exotic reptiles already. (I'll have to talk to them soon anyway about organising the thorny devils for work)

If I did it up as a rock face with lots of little shelves, etc do you think it would work with painted dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back