Maturnal incubation and bad egg removal

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a darwin carpet python incubating a clutch of eggs that has one completly black egg attached to the bottom of the clutch.

I'm currently considering my options. The surrounding eggs look good but I don't want to risk fungus growth.

Does anyone know if I can use fungal powder on a clutch being maturnally incubated? Will it bother the snake incubating or make her leave the eggs?

What's my best option? Leave it attached and see what happens, drain it and leave the shell behind, use fungal powder or remove the entire bad egg.

All opinions are greatly appreciated as I keep changing my mind as to the best option.

Thanks
Nik

id tryn remove it if you can, being careful not to upset any other eggs, ive used fungal powder but not on maturnal incubation, cant help you there sorry.

Thanks AM Pythons, she's been basking at the same time each day so tomorrow I'll see how solidly it's attached while she's getting warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back