distribution of frogs in sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
I was just curious and looked up the distribution of australian green tree frogs and wiki stating that both the common green tree frog (whites green tree frog) and red eyed are both found as south as sydney and that infact the common G frog is found as south as north adelaide ?????
is this true?? and if so how common
i have lived in northern sydney for 20 years and have never seen a green frog only brown.i used to look for them all the time when i was young anyone but never found anything green. any one have any facts or evidence???

bump

Last edited:
i wonder if anyone has found them souther

Near Lane Cove NP that I've personally seen anyway, it's a very widely distributed frog & wouldn't be surprised if it went a fair bit more south.

Last edited:
When I was younger I lived in bondi and we found a green tree frog in our yard. Only once tho.

I was just curious and looked up the distribution of australian green tree frogs and wiki stating that both the common green tree frog (whites green tree frog) and red eyed are both found as south as sydney and that infact the common G frog is found as south as north adelaide ?????
is this true?? and if so how common
i have lived in northern sydney for 20 years and have never seen a green frog only brown.i used to look for them all the time when i was young anyone but never found anything green. any one have any facts or evidence???

bump

I just found a Green Tree Frog in my garden next to my house in Plumpton (Western Sydney - near Blacktown) - at least I think its a GT Frog.
I guess the weather has been wet/good for them, I have no standing water in my garden so I guess it will not stick around for long.
Here is a photo of it sitting on the fence, it has now moved to a tree against the fence.
icon7.gif

Green tree frog, Plumpton Sydney NSW2012-02-12_13-40-10_843 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back