Background For new tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommymc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Today I found an old wardrope in our shed and thought it would be great to turn into an enclosure/ or many enclosures. I recently converted an old wardrope but I want it to have a more natural look to it this time.

I have heard about using expanda foam. What is the best method to sculpt/grout this stuff.

Here are pics of the wardrope below (hope they worked). The measurments are 1150mm wide and 1550mm high.

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks Tom.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 55
Hey Tom
A key measurement you left out is depth. This will have a big bearing as to how your background may end up. If its really shallow you don't have much room to play with and it will have an impact on your plans.
I use a bread knife and my fingers when sculpting expanda foam. Either cutting with the knife or literally ripping chunks off with my fingers. I used coloured tile grout (i usually mix a couple of colours) and then a bit of acrylic paint here and there for contrast. Then a few coats of pond sealer. There are a stack of different methods out there though. The way i do it just works for me.

440 mills doesn't really give you much room to play with . Never the less can still have a flat rock wall :) The word you are looking for is Wardrobe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back