Massive snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The email I got a few weeks ago said the photo was taken in the Philippines. Same picture, different story line, smells a bit fishy.....

i read that they was digging a trent and seen blood come up on the bucket and thought they got a human then they saw the giant snake in the hole

when I opened my email I read it was all just BS...........:rolleyes:lol

Old thread, old pic, old rubbish.
Can we have some new rubbish please : )

I am very gullable - believe anything I see or am told. :oops: And a 16yr old can pick up on clues to prove it isn't a true photo?

The largest Reticulatd python ever was Colossus and he was 28 feet long. The Reticulated Python is the world's longest snake but the heaviest snake is the Green Anaconda. The largest Green Anaconda ever caught was almost 27 feet long, 36 inches in diameter and over 500lbs. Here in the USA, there is a reward of $50,000 for anyone that brings in a live or (dead)?? retic over 32 feet long I believe. There are reports of retics being 32 feet long but they are just field reports and without proof, should not be supported.

the biggest reticulated Ive seen is on Google images
just type in largest reticulated python and go to the one that is on a plank of wood used as a able( apparently its 45 ft) i think it was caught in Indonesia.

I'm calling the bucket on the machine to be a 900, which would make the snake roughly 5-6 metres (16-20ft-ish).

[video=youtube;wVlFBDL6YPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVlFBDL6YPg&feature=fvwrel[/video]
[video=youtube;vFhDhVaGbsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhDhVaGbsY&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Type 'David Letterman Fluffy' into Google. That is when Fluffy (aka worlds largest snake) appeared on Letterman.
Many people exaggerate that size of snakes, as is evident with the photo. With very large snakes, it is virtually impossible to get an accurate idea of it's size without some sort of accurate scale for comparison.
I seriously doubt that Cassius was actually that big. I have heard his story many times, but I have never seen any sort of legitimate proof to show me otherwise. 28 feet of pure muscle is a lot for a snake to carry around, let alone 24.
Go have a look at a 24 foot piece of PVC pipe, one that's about thigh thickness, then you will be able to truly appreciate how big a snake of that size actually is. Better still, go have a look at a 20 foot retic.
Listen when I say that 30 foot snakes do not exist. Prehistoric snakes could actually get over 40 feet, but those snakes had much larger bones and had much larger rib cages etc. to support their weight. Some could weight over a tonne and be over 3 feet across at their widest point. Retics do not get over 25 feet, and an Anaconda over 20 feet has never actually been found.

Ive read it was 55 feet (16.7M) long, weighing 300 kg was estimated at 140 years old.
yep... i don't really believe that it could be 140 yrs old since they only live for 20 ( less in the wild)
cheers

Jesus the exaggerations get more extensive every time i hear this story, i originally heard it was around 40 feet then 49 now 55? Lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back