Animals have a 3rd Sense?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfoot

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that all my pets do not like. He is a bit odd, but I can't judge him because I'm pretty odd too. He was just over my place, and he walked in my door and my Cat was sleeping. As soon as she heard his voice, she was up and wandering to my Mum's room.

I had to go into my room to get my phone as it was ringing and both Ajax and Tilly were basking, but when they saw him Tilly fled to her hide and Ajax tried to be a ninja, slowly crawling around his vine until the vine was between Ajax and my friend. Ajax closed his eyes and did not open them until my we left and he turned really dark.

My friend wont go out into my backyard because I have staffies. They are honestly the most placid, loving dogs. Around anyone else but him. Sophie will bark at him, whereas Khaos will hide in his kennel.

His mere presence seems to freak my animals out. Animals have been doing their thing a lot longer than humans have, so maybe I should do what they do and hide when he comes around. :p

Anyone else with a similar story?

If my animals dont like someone i am usually wary of them, especially my dogs, as they are great judges of character..

as close as i can get is im allergic to cats. So whenever im at someones place who has cats, there all over me. Evil things!
My cats seem to know when theres someone around that doesnt like cats, and make themselves at home on them!

I think they have more senses that the title suggests ;)

So weird that they can do that. I wish I had that much intuition!

I mean like, psychic kinda stuff. Maybe the title shoulda been 7th sense... my bad. haha.

As above, our cats just LOVE people who dont like them in return! Im also the same as Sarah, if my dogs dont like someone, i dont have them to my house again! & just like your staffies, well most staffies, :p my boy is a huge sook & loves everyone & anyone......except one of my partners work mates.......who he REALLY hates......so, he is now no longer aloud to come to our place!

On the other hand though, our other dog, a maltese shi tzu.....is mental & he hates everyone, anything, anyone! I dont pay him much notice, he is just cranky!:lol: Also, my indian ring neck......he literally screams if my partner gets too close to him......or me! In these cases i put it down to jealousy alone :p, but certainly at times i think our pets give us clues that we should listen to!

Indian ring necks are 'one owner' pets I think.

I knew someone whose own lizards always used to bite them, but when I handled them they never would.

Indian ring necks are 'one owner' pets I think.

Yes, & no....while they may favor one person in particular, they are also quite social, & Rylee loves everyone......except my partner! :lol: We have noticed that i am the one he favors, but i tend to do all the cleaning, feeding etc, he loves my kids though, they can have him out for hours on end & he has no problems with chatting, dancing & singing with them, any visitors he is also very happy to have a chat with.......if my partner comes home while he is out though, he screams! It is quite funny, cause Shane tries really hard to talk to him calmly etc & hand feed him......& he wont have any part of it, he just hates him! :lol:

In my house we have 2 birds, and they both love to get near my mates that dont like birds

Yes, & no....while they may favor one person in particular, they are also quite social, & Rylee loves everyone......except my partner! :lol: We have noticed that i am the one he favors, but i tend to do all the cleaning, feeding etc, he loves my kids though, they can have him out for hours on end & he has no problems with chatting, dancing & singing with them, any visitors he is also very happy to have a chat with.......if my partner comes home while he is out though, he screams! It is quite funny, cause Shane tries really hard to talk to him calmly etc & hand feed him......& he wont have any part of it, he just hates him! :lol:

Hehe, ours were never so social! My mum's yellow boy hates me no matter what I do... but then again mine used to bite my mum and never me.

I used to keep cockatiels, until I got a pair of babies that drove me nuts. Every morning they would screech and screech, no matter how much attention I paid to them. My whole family hated them, lol. :p

Sophie is kind of like your ****zu. She barks at anything, but it's more like she's trying to speak. Especially when she yawns, haha.

Maybe this friend's number will somehow get lost.. I am moving soon. ;)

1. Sight
2. Heat
3. Smell
4. Vibration
5. Touch
6. Hearing.
7. Taste
Couple more senses then 3, most animals have a mix of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back