largest Reptile Art project to date

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I decided to do my largest reptile painting so far. A full size head of a Salty. 5 foot 10 x 4 foot. I will post more pics as I progressView attachment 236758

this is the pencil sketch. I will be using acrylic paint and drinking vodka.

Awesome, it looks great already guzzo. What other work have you done?

Nice mate, do the kids get to colour it in?

On Injaluk Hill (Gunbalaya) there ae some superb line drawings, If you havent been there put it on your list!

Last edited:
Wicked guzzo, you've got precision I envy a little :D
Do you have any pics of some of your other works? I'd like to see some finished products :)

Last edited:
Guzzo... do you sell your paintings? Have you sold the green frog one? Cannot wait to see the finished Croc one!!

they are lovely.....you sould put some works together and see about doing an exhibition.....thats what artists do and you are an artist !!

I have sold quite a few in the past but the frog and this croc are for my house. I have decided that instead of buying picturs for my walls I would start a reptile collection of my own. I think the next one will be a Darwin. Scales will be a challange though.

Here is the laterst pic. I always start by building base colours and when the picture starts to show form I will then add detail and shadows which usually brings things to life.

I will try to do a bit more over the weekend if I get the lawn done....I ran over a roll of wire on the ride on and have been putting off getting it out for too long.View attachment 236769

I'm really not that happy with the ammount of talent you have Guzz, maybe time to share some of it?

Very nice but! Do you draw from memory or are they lifted from photographs?

I'm really not that happy with the ammount of talent you have Guzz, maybe time to share some of it?

Very nice but! Do you draw from memory or are they lifted from photographs?

Hey Gordo,

A bit of both. I always reference my photographs for the animal so I can get as accurate as possible but I also throw a lot of "anything goes" in as well. In this case the croc I am drawing is from a picture I took at Yellow Waters.

With my cartoons I just make it all up.

Hey ....made any more knives??

No i haven't, i was planning on making a draw knife for my father over christmas but never got round to it. Plus we started school early this year so i didn't get a real long Chrissy break and to top it all off our work shop at school has been packed up along with all the tools. So i'm just not finding the time or the equiptment unfortunately.

No i haven't, i was planning on making a draw knife for my father over christmas but never got round to it. Plus we started school early this year so i didn't get a real long Chrissy break and to top it all off our work shop at school has been packed up along with all the tools. So i'm just not finding the time or the equiptment unfortunately.

Hey I am hearing ya.......Time!.....The funny thing about time is that it does not matter if you are rich or poor, the President or the Queen.....Gordo or Guzzo.....we are all given the same amount of time in a day....and i never get to do all that I want to do in a day.

Hey I have seen on youtube -making a tomahawk from a Railway Spike and will give that a go at some stage soon.

I've seen some beautiful tomahawks made from damascus. A mate who is still into knife making has just started using D2 steel instead of the spring steel. If it works out nicely i'll definately be giving that a go.

Hey I am hearing ya.......Time!.....The funny thing about time is that it does not matter if you are rich or poor, the President or the Queen.....Gordo or Guzzo.....we are all given the same amount of time in a day....and i never get to do all that I want to do in a day.

Hey I have seen on youtube -making a tomahawk from a Railway Spike and will give that a go at some stage soon.

I've seen some beautiful tomahawks made from damascus. A mate who is still into knife making has just started using D2 steel instead of the spring steel. If it works out nicely i'll definately be giving that a go.

D2 makes good knives. Hey have you ever seem scrimshaw? I would like to give it a go on a Buff bone handle....

talk to a game fishing club
always a few beakies taken each year
try scrimshaw on a marlin bill
looks awesome and plenty of room to practice on

one of my crew was filipino and made good money doing them on the long liner

Nice work guzzo, reminds me of this 2 metre batik we bought 30 years ago. Done by a local artist, titled "Clifton crocodile".

i-DwXjxk2-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back