Thermostat doin my head in...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kc_read

Reaction score
Hey all,
has anyone ever used these?
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d�r
I'm actually really impressed with it except theres a loud beep every time it changes to night since ive set it lower as i didnt think it was essential to have it 32 degrees all night but because its still well over 20 atm it goes of its nut because its 5 degrees hotter.

Or should i just leave the heat on all night and not stress

I have three and all are working great so far. Have had them for about 6 months. Mine have had no dramas with the over heat alarm when switching to night mode. Maybe cause my night temp is set within 5 degrees of my day temps. Not sure, I will have a look tomorrow.

I was looking at these, would you recommend them? I suggest you just raise the temp on the thermo to a level it doesn't beep (hopefully only a couple of degrees), unless you can disable the alarm but I can't help you with that sorry.
Cheers Tim

Can you change the alarm temp difference? Its probably set on 5deg. If you make the alarm go at say 10deg difference, then even if your night temp was set on 22, you shouldnt get the alarm going all the time. The only issue is if your thermo breaks (like mine has just done, not this brand) then it wont alrm during the day untill the temp gets to 42.

Hope this makes sense??

all good, i worked it out, i dropped a page on the floor and didnt see the part on turning the alarm off, all working to my satisfaction.
Just needs to run for a few days to make sure it's all good :)
Thanks all

Hey all,
has anyone ever used these?
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d�r
I'm actually really impressed with it except theres a loud beep every time it changes to night since ive set it lower as i didnt think it was essential to have it 32 degrees all night but because its still well over 20 atm it goes of its nut because its 5 degrees hotter.

Or should i just leave the heat on all night and not stress

I have one of them I through it in the bin and it stoped the beeping -.- was driveing me nuts I ened up getting a get-201 from the same seller alot better in a way but u need a little temp thingy in side :)

all good, i worked it out, i dropped a page on the floor and didnt see the part on turning the alarm off, all working to my satisfaction.
Thanks all

Yer I did that but then it just went off like a week later -.- lol it's like it's missing a button if it had that one more button would of been Easyer

Last edited:
Thanks all

Yeh it pays to read ALL the instructions LOL

You can turn temp alarm off or set to 5 C alarm differential, digital is the way to go as you can see on display what the actual temperature is.

I got mine last week, Set the heater & light to come on from 7:30am -6:30pm and it worked once then the next day, no heater but a light came on then the heater came on at 9:30pm and hit 39.6!! it wouldn’t cut out once it hit the right temperature. After resetting it and trying again it worked for a day before turning the light on when the heat gets to the right temperature :S was very confusing!! But after wonderful help from the seller he is now sending me a new one and lets hope!! (i turned the beeping off straight away)
PS. No snake in the tank so no need to worry about the temperature being so high, just trialling it for a few weeks before i get the snake.

It blew my first halogen bulb, so I'm gonna get a ceramic one instead and change the fitting.
It's a shame because it looked really good having the light shine on the basking shelf like a spotlight hopefully all goes well with mine

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Rule of thumb with all these thermostats (I have a similar one) once set up, turn off for 5 mins and then turn back on. It's like they need a kick up the rear to retain the new set information.

Once I did that to ours, they haven't skipped a beat. Although I think I have become a bit lazy monitoring temps and relying on the beep to sound if there is ever a problem with the globe blowing etc, but yes, that noise is annoying and it has prevented us from decreasing night temps any more than 5 degrees, as our enclosures are timber and nicey insulated, so the temp takes a while to drop and if they're still 32 after the 10 minute delay with the 5 degree buffer and we have them set to 27, goodbye ears!

on my dimming thermostat I can change the parameters of the alarm. I made mine something like 10 degrees difference. Mine was going off in winter because when it switched over to day mode I had the same problem.

on my dimming thermostat I can change the parameters of the alarm. I made mine something like 10 degrees difference. Mine was going off in winter because when it switched over to day mode I had the same problem.

I had to do the same thing.. kind of sucks because 10 degrees is hot if something goes wrong.. 53 degrees in a basking spot for a beardie will cook the poor little buggas

I had to do the same thing.. kind of sucks because 10 degrees is hot if something goes wrong.. 53 degrees in a basking spot for a beardie will cook the poor little buggas

Why run high enough wattage to cook anything??
If you balance your system so that even if the stat goes crazy the maximum temp output by your heat emitters cannot exceed recommended temps for xxx animal, you can never overheat them

I got mine last week, Set the heater & light to come on from 7:30am -6:30pm and it worked once then the next day, no heater but a light came on then the heater came on at 9:30pm and hit 39.6!! it wouldn’t cut out once it hit the right temperature. After resetting it and trying again it worked for a day before turning the light on when the heat gets to the right temperature :S was very confusing!! But after wonderful help from the seller he is now sending me a new one and lets hope!! (i turned the beeping off straight away)
PS. No snake in the tank so no need to worry about the temperature being so high, just trialling it for a few weeks before i get the snake.

Are you sure you didn't make the same mistake i did? I just received one of these today myself, and was going insane trying to figure out why it wouldn't work properly! I then realised the ad had the opposite instructions for where to plug in the heat source and the light in to what the actual instructions said haha.. So once i switched it around, it works perfect now!

Are you sure you didn't make the same mistake i did? I just received one of these today myself, and was going insane trying to figure out why it wouldn't work properly! I then realised the ad had the opposite instructions for where to plug in the heat source and the light in to what the actual instructions said haha.. So once i switched it around, it works perfect now!

haha yeah he told me that straight away, we have been back and forward all week trying new things to fix it but doesnt seem to be working, plus i dont want to mess around and not trust something this important

Mine is on my snakes, gets turned off in summer because they are all adults and some varied temps will not hurt them. the little hatchies have their own heat source with diff temps. my lizards are on timers and only have small globes in for summer to stop any form of over heating. if it's a particularly nasty day they are turned off manually by me!

Last edited:

I have mine the same way as the instructions, how is it supposed to be arranged may I ask?

I have mine the same way as the instructions, how is it supposed to be arranged may I ask?

The lights go in the 1 plug and the heat source goes in the 2 plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back