If you could come back to life in 200 or 500 years.... would you ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grannieannie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
OK...another of my silly questions, but have you ever wondered...and most people do....would you like to come back to earth in a couple of hundred years and see what it's like ????

Personally, I wouldn't.... I don't even want to be here in 50 yrs.

i'd love to come back as a lion...not a lioness! i want the mane!

I'm not sure if I'd want to go forwards, I'd be interested in seeing how long humans last though, and what takes over when we eliminate ourselves.

As for going backwards, either the 60s/70s or medieval times. 60s/70 because it just seems like it was so much more fun than now, and medieval era because I want to know how long it would take me to be trialled as a witch! (I'm betting about 20 minutes.)

at 74 years, I am quite happy, and as an old, serious marathon-runner, very , very healthy..but am not at all phased about going in another 10 or so years or so. reasonably happy about it....No desire whatsoever to return............................NO MORE BLOODY COLLECTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the ruin/bane of my life

I would like to go back in time around the iron age(I like the cauldrons) Mainly because things could be less complicated and the earth less populated/tainted. Bartering was still a good way of living and you could go live like a hermit if you chose........

Hmm maybe just for a little bit to see what its like but I dont think I'd wanna hang around long. Like CrystalMoon said, I'd much rather go back in time.

disintergratus the dinosaurs will rule again. They are still with us (birds are direct dinosaur decendants) and all they need is the opportunity! Look what was happening in NZ before people arrived!

Annie I would love to see the Permian and Cretaceous eras and also the Miocene era in Australia with marsupial lions, giant flat faced kangaroos, 7 meter goannas, 12 meter pythons and wombats the size of hippos! (and no bloody people to stuff things up).

Last edited:
id like to come back to the early 80's lol

Nup, I wouldn't come back as me now. I'd come back as a glow worm cause

"I wish I were a glow worm,
A Glow worms never glum.
'Cause how can you be grumpy,
when the sun shines out your bum?!"

I'm not sure if I'd want to go forwards, I'd be interested in seeing how long humans last though, and what takes over when we eliminate ourselves.

As for going backwards, either the 60s/70s or medieval times. 60s/70 because it just seems like it was so much more fun than now, and medieval era because I want to know how long it would take me to be trialled as a witch! (I'm betting about 20 minutes.)

I was born in 1951, so the 60s were my teenage years...and yes, they were fun.... :lol:

I'd just come back 10 years ago, do some serious investing as you'd know exactly which way the stock market was going haha

No, I definitely wouldn't come back. Humans are little more than an unsustainable waste of space that do little more than breed and breed and breed.
Harsh? Maybe. But once you make an attempt to look at it objectively and overcome the self-flattery we're prone to.. At this rate, I definitely wouldn't want to return in 200-500 years.

In the words of Bill Hicks, "we're a virus with shoes".

Edit: Just saw this is post number 666.. Oh dear.

Yeah, I'd come back... merely to chuckle myself silly at all the doomsdayers when this global warming rubbish turns out to be nothing more than a natural cycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back