If you could come back to life in 200 or 500 years.... would you ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I definitely wouldn't come back. Humans are little more than an unsustainable waste of space that do little more than breed and breed and breed.
Harsh? Maybe. But once you make an attempt to look at it objectively and overcome the self-flattery we're prone to.. At this rate, I definitely wouldn't want to return in 200-500 years.

In the words of Bill Hicks, "we're a virus with shoes".

Edit: Just saw this is post number 666.. Oh dear.

Ummm, if you seriously believe that humans are just....a virus with shoes....why are you still here...you're part of the human race too....so doesn't that make you part of the virus !!

I'm not sure about coming back in the future. Things are getting pretty icky. If I had to come back to see the Hall of Records being opened and a lot of religion being slammed then I'd be all for that. I'm still not sure what to believe about all of that and I'm not looking for an argument as it's possibly a life-long debate a lot of us won't get answers to.

Send me back in time though, for sure. Send me back to Ancient Egypt any day you like.
Or even send me back far enough to find out the real story behind Atlantis. Would love to have a yarn to Plato!

I'm not sure about coming back in the future. Things are getting pretty icky. If I had to come back to see the Hall of Records being opened and a lot of religion being slammed then I'd be all for that. I'm still not sure what to believe about all of that and I'm not looking for an argument as it's possibly a life-long debate a lot of us won't get answers to.

Send me back in time though, for sure. Send me back to Ancient Egypt any day you like.
Or even send me back far enough to find out the real story behind Atlantis. Would love to have a yarn to Plato!

If you went back to ancient Egyption times, they might sacrifice you as a perfect virgin to the sun god or something...that might be a bit painful !! :twisted:

Oh Snap, Annie, Laying down the law :p

No honey, I don't lay down the law to anyone, I just say what I think, but I can take as good as I give....I'm a big girl !! ;)

i would not want to come back per say, if it were an option i would prefer to just halt my body from aging and then live through the changes over 2-500 years. then when im 400yrs i can really say "oh back in my day" or "i remember when we used modems for dial up internet"

I'd be happy coming back just a couple of hundred years and chillin' with our indigenous mate (providing they accepted me and didn't spear me) :)

come back? im not going anywhere to come back from i am going to live long enough they will find the cure for death then ill still be here in 200 yrs just a little grumpier than now

I guess it could be interesting to see what new things would be invented in the future... if the human race hasn't died off yet. I'd rather go back in time and live my 20s in the 80s. I believe the music was much better back then :D

Great, if technology is flying past my face now, challenged will be the understatement for
my pridicament in the future.

Would I come back in 200 years time? Hell, yeah!

I would like to take a zoological tour of the past. I like SteveNT's itinerary.

Ummm, if you seriously believe that humans are just....a virus with shoes....why are you still here...you're part of the human race too....so doesn't that make you part of the virus !!

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide" ~ Albert Camus

In short, I was thrown into existence so to answer your question yes, it does make me part of the problem. But, there is a large caveat to that.

George Carlin - Saving the Planet - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back