Strange wild python.. can someone ID this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhumanda

Reaction score
G'day all... I just wanted to ask if anyone here can tell my this snakes belly looks like this, should I just release it back to the wild or take it into the vet hospital nearby.

IMG_20120404_141128.jpgIMG_20120404_141134.jpg

sorry just re read your post, and i had skipped a word. i would take it to vet hospital.. i have never seen anything like that...

ate it's carpet python that needs some help from a vet or depending where U live Australia zoo.
Animal rescue organisations like WILVO'S WIRES ...can also advise U - as I said it depends depending where U live. good luck

Take it to the vet hospital, and on your way, stop at the closest rubber recycling joint and give them the crocs....

That is really peculiar looking, was the snake moving normally? I am wondering if it is an injury or a birth defect? sorry, my eyes arent the best and I may not be seeing the pic clearly? I would take the snake to the vet if it appears in pain or cannot move properly :) curious find isnt it?

looks like a starving coastal carpet. I have seen a road killed mac with the same groove on its stomach (just assumed it couldnt/wouldnt eat).

That's interesting, it looks very similar to a large adult EB I had in a month back. In my case I was informed it was a birth defect (inverted belly scales). As the animal is already of adult age/ size, it's obviously done alright so far so I'd release ASAP.

not that I can see... he's fine in every way, ... I have him in one of my snake tanks, and he's moving normally and doesn't look in pain at all.

It sounds cruel but i think unless it was caused by humans we shouldn't interfere, let nature take its course.

I'm gonna take it into the currumbin wildlife sanctuary.. and see what they say about it, I'll update once I get their advice.

It happens to old snakes as they come to the end of their life, through starvation, sickness etc. I have seen it in old diamonds that are obviously very old because of the size of their heads and their length, yet they are hopelessly skinny They can and will feed but they are usually on their way out, and I would be surprised if that one lasted another winter, but would also love to be proven wrong.

seen it on my old carpet about 2.6mtres big old girl ended up being problem with kidney or heart forgotten few year back.

sorry it took so long to respond, I've been quite busy.

I regards to the python, I took it to the sancturay and they said it was heavily starved, brought on by phmonia... they've put it on antibiotics for the week and fluids. I'll find out how it went when I go to work on tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back