Cages vs Tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i spose thats the same as battery chickens and free range..... its still a choice but $$$$$ is the factor not the snake

mate having a snake in the correct size tube cant even be compared to a battery chicken. i have seen alot of racks that the snakes are more than happy in there and as some people have said there are snake that prefer a tube over a huge cage

People always have a choice.......Generally those that can afford to keep and maintain a large set up, also can afford the very best purpose built husbandry equipment, enclosures and racks......along with the floor space to house them and the rodent supply and freezers to maintain them....passion and dedication is what is required to manage and care for your animals........time and money comes and goes........experience teaches you what works best for their optimal captive environment........responsible owners manage their time and provide the best for their animals each and every day.......regardless if they use tubs, enclosures or a mix of both.

Once the environment has been set up to provide the optimal conditions, they can and do thrive in both......if maintained.

i use both but i would urge everyone using tubs or racks to make sure that the heat chord heats up evenly across all the tubs. I found a cool point under one of my tubs so luckily was able to feed in some left over working heatchord into the groove to replace the cool part of the chord. Something to think about

I somewhat agree with this. Having said that, remember that some people refer to their animals as 'collections' (like figurines or something),
and seem to forget they're dealing with a live animal that whilst probably secretive and spends a large portion of its time coiled up, probably does appreciate being
able to move around a bit.

Really though, it comes down to the individual keeper's mentality. Personally, I only get snakes that I know I can provide with a proper, well-sized tank when they're fully grown. Having kept my 3 snakes as hatchlings in tubs, I really do prefer having display animals.. Which would probably explain why I only have 3 snakes.

My main concern (I haven't actually witnessed this, but it's a concern nonetheless) is that because reptiles (snakes especially) are such low maintenance in comparison to mammals for example, that as a result, it's more likely people will become forgetful and begin to neglect their animals.

10000% agree with this!

Its abit of a joke that people still think that a person with alot of animals dont look after them as well as someone with one or two.

Last edited:
I have to agree citrus. The people that have 1 or 2 animals seem to always think the keepers with 30+ animals wont put the time and effort into caring for each snake. It is something that annoys me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back