Butters...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No-two

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is Butters...
tn_IMG_0391-1.jpg

tn_IMG_0401.jpg

Nice - Like Albino Darwins are the Albino Olives slightly quieter than the standard version?

I don't have any normal olives so I couldn't say. However, other olives I've seen tend to be fairly good.

I am also interested in Richocet's question about whether Albino Olives are quieter/less flighty than normal Olives, as I believe is common belief with albinos. It definitely is the case with my Albino Darwin and my het Darwin.

Lovely, I must say the albino colour gives it a very different look to the normal Olive. I suppose with other species of Pythons they have markings and patterns to break up the colour and yet still look similar(somewhat) thanks for sharing :)

I think you can easily tell its an olive python in person. Perhaps someone who has been keeping them for longer and has normals can shed some light on the normal vs albino temperament.

Personality is a heritable trait. IMO I would say temperament is not associated with albino genetics but more a case of the temperament of the founder animals. However there in a study done to replicate the domestication of dogs using the silver fox in Russia there was a link between the hormone expression of the more "domesticated" foxes and physiological adaptation to pigmentation, curly tails and floppy ears. So there may indeed be an underlying connection between gene expression on pigmentation and temperament. But to maintain a simpler answer as I don't have (nor do I believe there currently is available) access to primary literature specific to such claims in this circumstance I still would put the temperament of albino darwins and other species down to that of the founder individuals.
Cheers Daniel

I have owned normals for about ten years and recently an albino and a het and the albino was very cage defensive when i first got him and has calmed down now. My normals have never bitten in or out of cage but toy boy the albino was so aggressive in his cage but as soon as his head was 2 inches out you could pick him up no problems. His good now in and out of the cage, i think he was just in a new environment and it freaked him out.

Well Butters is extremely friendly. His girlfriend, Barbie (I didn't name either of them) is really snappy in the tub but great once out aswell.

tn_IMG_0404.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back