Butters - my carpet hatchie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeesh

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a newbie to the world of reptiles but the Husband and I have always wanted a pet snake, and on June 25th, my husband and I made that dream happen!

Everyone, meet Butters šŸ˜Š

He's a seven-month-old Caramel Jag Carpet Python (poss. DH Pepper Albino). He was bred by KHP Reptiles out in Penrith NSW, and has been with me for nearly three weeks now.

He's settled in wonderfully, and always loves to poke his head out of his hides to watch me from his corner in my home office. He even stretches his neck right out to the side of the tub to greet me in the mornings and afternoons (before I leave for work and when I get home!).

1657768508872.jpeg1657769016443.png1657769044708.png

im going to ask this question because my friend bought a jag off KHP, just to have it corkscrew a week later... after he said it was a "normal individual that doesnt show jag behaviour"

Did Brent/KHP explain to you what a jag is?

its a nice looking snake no doubt, but i think newbies dont know what theyre getting into when they see a Jag

welcome to the hobby!

im going to ask this question because my friend bought a jag off KHP, just to have it corkscrew a week later... after he said it was a "normal individual that doesnt show jag behaviour"

Did Brent/KHP explain to you what a jag is?

its a nice looking snake no doubt, but i think newbies dont know what theyre getting into when they see a Jag

welcome to the hobby!
Whoops, I didn't see this message until now, sorry!

He didn't, but I've done research on the neuro issues that they can have. I was hyperfocusing on making sure I did all the research before I got a python, but as with anything, there's always more to learn! :)

So far Butters hasn't shown any problems relating to a Jag gene to my knowledge - he was born in January and I was provided with videos before I picked him up. He's nearing a year old now, and has been super healthy so far. The only weird thing he did was drink condensation from the roof of his enclosure (I had a 7.5L sistema tub for him as a hatchie) instead of from his fresh water right underneath him šŸ˜‚

Back