'Sticky' situation - another successful release

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firepac

Reaction score
This little guy managed to get himself into a sticky situation. As you can see he lost a few scales before I got to him and was stuck fast around the head and neck.
A little water, vegetable oil and gentle persuasion and he was able to go free.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 167
Oil works great on sticky stuff, canola cooking spray is my personal fave.
Good job, I bet little browny would be happy to be off that

I'll let my Mrs know, she might have to put some in the next washing load when she changes the sheets.

What type is it?

Was is aggressive? Did it say thank you?

COME ON, DON'T CUT THE STORY SHORT.:D

Nice work, bet the little fella is grateful.
Noticed you are in Proserpine - I am sitting in a motel in preserpine at the moment and checking out APS on the laptop - not a bad part of the world you live in :D especially since Newcastle is being pounded iwth 100+mm of rain over the past few days and I have been working here in QLD in a beautiful 30 odd degrees.

This little guy managed to get himself into a sticky situation. As you can see he lost a few scales before I got to him and was stuck fast around the head and neck.
A little water, vegetable oil and gentle persuasion and he was able to go free.

So a couple of questions. Is it possible to go through the steps so if anyone see this same thing they can help the reptiles of without doing to much damage to them. Finally if the snake has lost scales as a result of that will it permanently affect the snake or will the scales come back eventually through shedding.

Yes it was a little EB.

So a couple of questions. Is it possible to go through the steps so if anyone see this same thing they can help the reptiles of without doing to much damage to them. Finally if the snake has lost scales as a result of that will it permanently affect the snake or will the scales come back eventually through shedding.

Using water wasn't very successful but gently and carefully pulling on the tape while wiping vegetable oil on the sticky side with cotton wool and easing the skin away from the tape seemed to work. It took about 15 minutes or so but worth doing.

I dont think it will have any permanent damage as it only seemed to be a surface layer of skin that was lost not full thickness.

Ha Ha, that looks like it would have been fun! Shakes for a job well done. Good on ya!

And all the time, it was yelling "tape!... tape!.... I been taped!":shock::lol:

Lucky you found him, and lucky his toung never got damaged.

Good onya ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back