My first snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniperking

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my first snake yesterday it's a Murrey Darling and I love it now I was told by the breader that it fed 5 days ago so I was thinking of trying to feed it in the next day or two oooo buy the way it's a hachy 3 months old dose any one have any good tips for me
thanks all help will be appreciated

Hi congrats on the first snake I am sure you will want more :) I would let it settle in to the new home for a week without handling it then a few days after that try handling it I know its hard to wait a week without handling at all but its probably the best thing to do. you could then offer it food it should have settled in bye then and should take it. I am no expert but I am sure most people will recommend you let it settle in before handling or offering food to it, Hope this helps.

Any pics of it ?

If its in its click clack that it came in shouldnt have a problem feeding it now.
and then next week when its ready for its next feed just pull him/her out before hand for about 10mins then feed and wait aleast 2 days after before handling again
another tip is handling is best in the day and feeding is best a night

This entire forum is filled with tips. Have a read and research thoroughly then ask more specific questions if you want useful information.

thanks for all the good advice i thought that the question about feeding was very specific but hay im not 1 to judge

thanks for all the good advice i thought that the question about feeding was very specific but hay im not 1 to judge

Your specific question had been answered. I was referring to the follow-on part of your question which came across as a general question the way I read it.

oooo buy the way it's a hachy 3 months old dose any one have any good tips for me
thanks all help will be appreciated

Very hard to overfeed a 3 month old MD, the more they eat, the more they grow :lol:

I always feed new snakes I get when they are due, if it is the same day I get them, I give them a day to settle then feed them. My advice would be to offer it a feed now, then feed it every 5-7 days after that. I dont go along with the theory that every time anything 'might' upset a snake.... dont feed it for a week or 2:rolleyes: I am sure a snake due for a feed now, will settle better with a full stomach. Just my opinion, I have 5 snakes. My MD is about 6 months old now, did the same for him... he is fine. When I got him (at 3 months old) I bought him home, put him straight into a 45x35x35 glass reptile 1 enclosure (with hide) and fed him.... he was as happy as larry... still is :)

Yeah I'm also one to feed the day after bringing them home. :) A fat snake is a happy snake lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back