Deleani and Vertebralis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N.deleani are indeed in captivity but from my understanding, the number of animals can be counted on one hand. Also, the one private owner I know of them, has old animals that will no longer breed. As I understand, keeping and breeding adults was not the difficult side of N.deleani, it was raising hatchlings. They proved weak that died around the 3-month mark, similar to some N.stellatus and N.laevissimus.

That is my understanding too.

[/QUOTE]I doubt N.vertebralis will be in private hands within the decade.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not much hope unless we move overseas!!

N. deleani will be in the captive pet trade with in 2 yrs. N. Vertebralis might take a bit longer.

N. deleani will be in the captive pet trade with in 2 yrs. N. Vertebralis might take a bit longer.
I appreciate your insight and knowledge on this matter Ryan, and will take your word on it. 2 yrs isn't too long to wait for the little guys from Pernatty!!

Thanks for the info. Its unfortunate that they wont be introduced soon, and its even more unfortunate that they are harder to keep. But I'm sure when deleani are introduced they'll carry a hefty price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back