Stolen diamond need some help plz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brenttin

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help plz my female diamond got stolen last yr out of my backyard Well I have just find out who stole it and who has my snake now my question is how do I go about getting her bak . I no tell the cops but will they do much other then ask the people and of coarse there goin to say no . But I have photos and I have my lience with all her details in it is that a enough to show that it is my snake Has any one else been in this situation before . Cheers brenttin

Sorry about the grammar I wasnt good at skool

Do you have an old shed or two? That can help prove she is yours.

unfortunately i dont like ur chances,...it seems nobody gives a hoot about stolen reptiles.

good luck tho, a positive outcome would be nice to hear of,.....!!

I dont have any answers for you sorry, if it were me I would take your snake back when the opportunity presented itself....
Good luck getting your snake back, it is horrid that it was taken from you.

Where in west syd you from? do you know the persons name that has it n where it is? PM me I might be able to help ya out.

There is not much you can do, even with the documents and an old shed the police cannot just go storming into private property, all they can do is ask. And stolen reptiles are not really what police deal with.
If you know these people or know where they live your best option would be to confront them and demand your animal back. If that does not work you could pester them about it by emailing them, ringing them and turning up on their doorstep. But whatever you do, do not enter their property uninvited and as people have said "steal" your animal back as this would become a police issue were your in the wrong. If I were you I would private message Venomous1111 as he could help you out.

Goodluck buddy.. I dont suppose that you diamond is chipped or has any distinct markings? Scars or anything? If so pics that show these markings with you in it. Police find these people dont have paperwork or a license and you do.. You might be good.. Worth calling the police and see what your chances are... Or go pm venemous1111 :)

There is not much you can do, even with the documents and an old shed the police cannot just go storming into private property, all they can do is ask. And stolen reptiles are not really what police deal with.
the police should be acting on anything that is in any breach of any law that they have jurisdiction in , with this being a case of theft they should most definitely act on it just like they should if it was a stolen tv or lawn mower, problem is they dont or if they do the system is that crap that they cant do much about it until the snakes well and truly gone

the police should be acting on anything that is in any breach of any law that they have jurisdiction in , with this being a case of theft they should most definitely act on it just like they should if it was a stolen tv or lawn mower, problem is they dont or if they do the system is that crap that they cant do much about it until the snakes well and truly gone

Yes the police would help, but what im saying is the only thing they can do is ask the people who stole it if they have it, plus if brenttin has no real solid proof that they even have stolen it the police might not be able to do anything. And like you said the system wont allow them to do much, until the snake is well and gone. Brenttin's best bet is to contact Venemouse1111.

Last edited:
Yes the police would help, but what im saying is the only thing they can do is ask the people who stole it if they have it, plus if brenttin has no real solid proof that they even have stolen it the police might not be able to do anything as a grudge they may have stolen it is no evidence. And like you said the system wont allow them to do much, until the snake is well and gone. Brenttin's best bet is to contact Venemouse1111.
wont argue with those points :) was more pointing out that it is their job , totally agree about contacting venomous1111 , which he hopefully did which may be why the thread wasn't updated , might not want to make whatever happened public ;)

Is this a joke. go to the police!!! or just break in and get it back lol! :) hope it all works out ok ;)

wont argue with those points :) was more pointing out that it is their job , totally agree about contacting venomous1111 , which he hopefully did which may be why the thread wasn't updated , might not want to make whatever happened public ;)
LOL you could just be right I think :p

Ummm... if they stole it, then I would assume they would be +1 a diamond on the paperwork lodged with the relevant state authorities, right? That might help in proving that they, at the very least, illegally acquired it.

If you can identify particular patterns on the snake from the photos thats a good start. Make a formal complaint at the police station. Dont be put of, tell them you want to make a complaint and have them take your statement.

If you can identify particular patterns on the snake from the photos thats a good start. Make a formal complaint at the police station. Dont be put of, tell them you want to make a complaint and have them take your statement.

Yep, that's a good start. It would help enormously if you had reported the theft to the police at the time it happened, so there was a record of your loss. Did you advise any authority such as NPWS?

Jamie

This is completely wrong and I don't advise you to do so, but honestly if i was 100% sure and there was no way i was wrong, I'd walk over with 10 of my mates (all in our mid 20s) and calmly take it back. Might even take the enclosure it's in. If there was any anger or violence i'd just have my minions sit on the dude. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back