unusual spot....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlovers

Reaction score
So i got home today from work, and as i do, i have a look and say hi to both of my gtp's, but when i got home today I said hi and looked at my new one, and then moved to the bigger one in the enclosure. Didnt see her on her perch... got a bit concerned on her where abouts but was like hmm probably just moved somewhere else to sit.
looked around the entire enclosure, moved plants and everything and couldnt find he, got my phone out and called my gf, and then as she picked up i saw a yellow thing behind some plants, and then realised it was her. so i moved the plants and she was grappled to our background (which my gf made, kinda like Aztec themed). is this normal for gtp to move off there perch during the day and go chill hanging of the wall or of other things?

Last edited:
well i wouldnt say its unusual because like your python will move to where it feels most comfortabnle for its needs or mood for that time. so it really isnt anything to worry or stress about, she just moving as to feel comfortable.

Little fellas exploring :p He'd be kicking himself if theres a more comfortable perch in his enclosure without him testing all possibilitys first

never said i was stressed about her being on the background or worried, i was worried when i couldnt find her but once i found her i wasnt, was just curious to see what people might say on why she might be on the background and not on her perch.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha that is very true variety! But it's not even in a warm spot. Silly girl haha

would you mind posting a picture? sounds really interesting especially the aztec themed background :D I love GTPS but dont have the money :( but when it comes to another snake money isnt the problem, it's talking mum into another.

would you mind posting a picture? sounds really interesting especially the aztec themed background :D I love GTPS but dont have the money :( but when it comes to another snake money isnt the problem, it's talking mum into another.

Just get one, then when she asks why you have two, tell her you were cleaning out the tank and accidentally chopped the snake in half. When you do that, they both regenerate into a new snake:p
But then again, if she's dumb enough to believe that then she wouldn't have enough brain cells to realise you'd gotten another snake in the first place! :)

That enclosure is massive, is the snake comfortable in there ? Maybe that's why it's hiding to feel safe. Maybe get a smaller enclosure for a little while then move it up to the giant one you have.

He is quite big now and loves it he is never aggressive and has never missed a meal, he is also completely green woo! and I understand where you are coming from, and that tubs are everybody's preferences but I don't like keeping animals in tubs, when they are born in the wild they are not secluded to a tub! But hey, that's just my opinion.

He is quite big now and loves it he is never aggressive and has never missed a meal, he is also completely green woo! and I understand where you are coming from, and that tubs are everybody's preferences but I don't like keeping animals in tubs, when they are born in the wild they are not secluded to a tub! But hey, that's just my opinion.

I myself would not keep adult pythons in tubs, personally I think it's cruel if you don't have the space for more don't get it. But when it comes down to hatchy size it's more comfortable for the snake. It doesn't have to be a tub no one said anything about a tub, just a smaller enclosure.

In my opinion wether you chose to act on it is your own choice.

Last edited:
Like I said, he's a lot bigger now, that is a few months ago. Will take a more recent one. Just to show him off :) haha
i do understand where your coming from, our new one is in a tub :) it's so tiny! Haha

Put a picture of both plz one day ill be able to afford one... Some closer pics to = D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back