David Attenborough-"Kingdom Of Plants"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Another fantastic series narrated by David; Carlos "The Plant Messiah" is my new hero!

stayed up late to watch this also and looked in the kitchen and
attachment.php
found this sneeky little plant flowering View attachment 268367View attachment 268368
attachment.php
attachment.php
View attachment 268369

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a very interesting watch, i might actually take a look at my dads shade house tomorrow for the first time in 8 years, apparently he breeds over 40 types or orchids.

Beware. It can be just as addictive as herps. LOL. But it sure is a lot of fun and opens up an amazing array of directions you can follow.

From someone long smitten with the plant bug.

"If you have no helpful advice to post here, stay out and don't post in this forum. "

An interesting and useful quote from another forum by Slateman

^^ You're becoming a frightful pain in the ***. I do hope your stay here is short.

The part on the endangered lily was quite something.

stayed up late to watch this also and looked in the kitchen and
attachment.php
found this sneeky little plant flowering
attachment.php
attachment.php

Is that an echinopsis you got there? Used to have some of these beauties - really proud of their flowering abilities. Cacti are always surprising with their ability to flower with gigantic flowers in proportion to their size. Out of all 'addictive' plants, cacti are by far my favourites!

Haven't watched docos for ages... But maybe if it's that good I should definitely have a looksie!

I loved it... Specially the plants that can digest mice and the beautiful lilly's and how he saved the species nawww..

was awesome i thought!! :) tho i wouldnt grow my own.. :p

Is it as good as David Attenboroughs "The Private Life of Plants"?

Attplop.jpg

The Private Life of Plants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tried desperately to watch it....but it worked so well as a sleep inducer I've never required the services of sleeping tablets :lol: Even if I'd run the block and sculled a large tin of Red Bull ....5 minutes in and I was counting sheep :lol:

Carlos can say "I've saved a species" and be as certain about it as anyone can. That is something he should be very proud of.

For me it's also proof that being totally obsessive about some things in life is not altogether a bad thing:)!

So my parents were wrong!!

The world's your oyster Ren, especially when you complete that degree :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back