Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do albino darwins have a kind dispositon ?

The ones I have seen have been very well tempered. Depending on where you are I know of a breeder in Nth/NW NSW who has some for $650.

Common is good... if you just want an albino as a pet then the cheaper the better... quality will always come from quality breeding and quality stock. They will always be priced accordingly by the breeders.

I don't understand why it would be bad if they were more commonplace. I have people brag to me about how they paid this for that snake or lizard and now their worth that as if it somehow makes their animal better. Boyds for example, I have wanted one since they were thousands, now I have them and they are just as cool as the ones that cost thousands all those years ago. Not everyone can afford to spend half a years salary on a reptile. I'd love for one of my reptiles to spit out some new unseen colour morph, just for the pure excitement of it. That is one of the things that makes breeding fun, the unknown quotient. Not for the money or fame either, it would just be so awesome to have it happen.

Here is our beautiful girl - she is an RP Albino Darwin Carpet Python.... yes they can be very expensive but we think they are worth every single cent that you pay for them.... we absolutely love her & she is a major part of our family... we are extremely excited about watching her grow & mature.... What does everyone think of our beautiful girl????

Attachments

• IMG_2013.jpg
    IMG_2013.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Swampie on here sells them. I've bought other pythons from him. Excellent quality!

$1000 is Expensive??? For a reptile that can live for around 20-30 years if kept correctly.... You couldn't buy the better half of a groodle, labradoodle, spoodle or any other oodle for that....

I bought my daughter a hatchie from Swampie..... most beautiful animal and great to handle. The parents are stunning. :D

Apart from a few very genuinely snappy individuals a snakes temperament lies squarely on environment, housing, feeding and how much handling it has had to get used to it. All of these basic husbandry elements work towards having a nice tempered snake.

If you are around the Sydney area just wait to the Castle Hill Expo. Last February at the end of the day hatchy albinos where going for $600 at one table. I presume next Expo ( February 3rd or 10th i forget, 2013 ) that at the end of the day you would be able to pick up a hatchy albino for $400-500.

There's a vid from snakebytes tv that show they belive darker snakes of the same type are more snappy with albinos being the least snappy. Not sure if true but worth a look.

There's a vid from snakebytes tv that show they belive darker snakes of the same type are more snappy with albinos being the least snappy. Not sure if true but worth a look.

My mate has an Albino Darwin and he commented on that too. I believe even the SXR documentation suggested that they found that when they were breeding them to begin with.

My mate has an Albino Darwin and he commented on that too. I believe even the SXR documentation suggested that they found that when they were breeding them to begin with.
I've noticed the same thing my albino has never even looked like biting me, the male who is a het is really dark and very snappy.

With my womas my light male has never web tried to bite, even at feeding time while the darker female isn't overly snappy but not as placid as the male.

So with my snakes it isn't sex related and could be a coincidence but does support the darker-more snappy scenario.

I've noticed the same thing my albino has never even looked like biting me, the male who is a het is really dark and very snappy.

With my womas my light male has never web tried to bite, even at feeding time while the darker female isn't overly snappy but not as placid as the male.

So with my snakes it isn't sex related and could be a coincidence but does support the darker-more snappy scenario.
id say its just a coincidence , everysnake has a diffrent attitude regardless of colour

my examples 2 womas , one with darker bands nice and solid up to the neck and one with nice red bands faded near the neck , guess whos the more feisty one , yep the faded lighter male ;) whilst the dark (pretty much black) banded one has never looked like biting and takes food with a gentle bite

only darwins ive seen in person was at a mates when he got his albino darwin and a mate of his got a het , the albino was nuts whilst the dark het was a dream to handle

Last edited:
Would be interesting to hear other thoughts, I'll make another thread when I get a chance as we have taken this one off topic a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back