So, who has any 'green' ideas?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have done all the usual stuff.... have a 1.5kw solar setup, solar hot water, only tank water (property) and am working on a wind generator that isnt a million dollar giant propeller :)

To run my tank pump, I bought an inverter and battery (N70ZZ) and solar charger, but I got too small an inverter :rolleyes: it cant handle the spike to get the pump to start..... it is a 900w inverter, the pump is about 600w but needs about 2kw on start up :facepalm: I will look for a bigger inverter....

Has anyone got any ideas how to both help the environment and reduce these stinking power bills :rolleyes:

Shift to Darwin for the wet season, everything goes green, the trees, the grass and all your leather goes green from mould.
Guess that's not too helpfull but!

Yeah, my leather jacket and gun belt are a nice furry green I just noticed :shock: It isnt that humid here yet even....

A mate of mine went to PNG a few years back for a conference, he went to his motel, put his suit in a closet.... he noticed 'some idiot left the light on' in the closet, so he turned it off :rolleyes: A couple of days later, he went to get his suit out to go to the conference.... it was green :facepalm: The light was on to stop this happening..... he was less than impressed ;)

Yeah, my leather jacket and gun belt are a nice furry green I just noticed :shock: It isnt that humid here yet even....

A mate of mine went to PNG a few years back for a conference, he went to his motel, put his suit in a closet.... he noticed 'some idiot left the light on' in the closet, so he turned it off :rolleyes: A couple of days later, he went to get his suit out to go to the conference.... it was green :facepalm: The light was on to stop this happening..... he was less than impressed ;)

So when he went to the conference, was he "green" with envy? :)

hmm, i've heard a few on this before but what are the chances, (i.e. pro and cons) of using your waste water (e.g. from the sink or shower) to flush the loo? Perhaps have a slightly larger reservoir in the back so your waste can flush your waste?
I'm thinking the main issue is going to be the soap killing off the bacteria that normally recycles our wastes?

edit: i just realized you said power bills... uhhh, get a bike rack, hook it up and start working out? :D

All good K3nny, not just power bills.... all green ideas are welcome in this thread. Being on a property, I dont have town water, sewerage or drainage, so all of my waste water goes into an absorbtion trench and down the hill..... that is a good idea tho.... grey water systems are good..... if you use biodegradeable soaps and detergents, you can water the lawn and gardens with grey water. All you need is to put a smallish sump in your drainage system and get a submersable 'sump type' preferably dirty water pump in it with a float switch..... when it fills up enough to turn on the pump, it can water the lawn or garden with an attached hose and sprinkler....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back