Qld restricted animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
My partner and I are thinking of moving to FNQ sometime in the next year or so, and after sifting through the official website, Google and the forums here my eyes are hurting, so has anyone got an updated "list" of any sort of the restricted reps that we will only be allowed 2 of on a basic license? Or any info on whether that has changed or not?

Thanks in advance

The only restricted pythons are Woma and non-native GTP's, so you can either have 2 Woma, 2 GTP, or one of each.

Any more requires a license upgrade, but this isn't hard to get - just let them know you know only want it amended to keep extra of these species and not vens.

Thanks Vixen :)

Their website makes it look so complicated!
Does it still cost the $160ish to upgrade even if I don't want vens?

Yep unfortunately it's still the full cost, as I renewed mine a few months ago!

Eh I only need one Woma and one GTP anyway haha, I know I'll get lots of others instead to make up for it!

They also told me rough scale pythons were on the restricted when I spoke to them two weeks Ago

Not really their fault. They are put on the phone with minimal training so you can't blame them. Blame DERM for poor training.

Many would be just like the rest of the general populace and would have no idea about snakes, reptiles or anything else before the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back