A bit of a situation...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irbz_27

Reaction score
I'm currently at work and I think I've just encountered a little problem. The job I'm doing at the moment involves me just sitting in my car watching a fence. Exciting I know... Well its quite a grassy area where I park and I just hopped out of my car for a bit of a stretch and left the car door open... About to get back in to my car and witnessed what looked to be the back end of a brown snake creeping it's way in... What to do? I'm not getting in a car with that possibly under my seat!

You could probably turn on the aircon/heater. He _SHOULD_ free himself pretty quickly then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try opening all doors and turning the ignition on to start the engine (hopefully your car will start without having to sit in it to use the accelerator). The vibration will hopefully make it leave the vehicle. Keep an eye out to try and see it leaving.

Please say you have a torch! Be careful, and I hope the air con is freezing. Place the vents facing to the floor. Good luck be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Try opening all doors and turning the ignition on to start the engine (hopefully your car will start without having to sit in it to use the accelerator). The vibration will hopefully make it leave the vehicle. Keep an eye out to try and see it leaving.

Bushman How will you know if it has left the car?

Just got the air con re gassed two days ago so that's doin it's thing and the cars running... All doors are open, it's quite dark here though so I'm hoping I get lucky and see it take off. I guess it's not gonna be the boring night I was expecting. It's got til 4.30 to get out. Im not too keen on walking home!

Would'nt be keen on standing up until 4:30 haha, maybe call someone to bring you a torch & find a decent stick you can use to redirect the snake if you happen to see him (Not ideal but who dos'nt feel safer with a stick!).

Bushman How will you know if it has left the car?
Only by witnessing the event. That's why I advised that he keep an eye out to see it leaving.
Perhaps sit on the roof so that you get a good vantage point of all four sides of the car whilst staying relatively safe and out of reach of the snake.

My mistake I should have explained better, I ment there is two side of car only one person he can't possible watch both side to see the snake exit.

Would'nt be keen on standing up until 4:30 haha, maybe call someone to bring you a torch & find a decent stick you can use to redirect the snake if you happen to see him (Not ideal but who dos'nt feel safer with a stick!).

Ill sit on the roof. I don't think it's going to rain... Got a mate coming down with a hook and a torch.

what an exiting night, if you don't see it leave maybe try throwing in a defrosted rat on the floor of the car, it might get hungry and come out once its got a hold of the rat use the hook to pull the snake out. but be carefull.

good luck.

what an exiting night, if you don't see it leave maybe try throwing in a defrosted rat on the floor of the car, it might get hungry and come out once its got a hold of the rat use the hook to pull the snake out. but be carefull.

good luck.

Oh yeah, it makes things a little more exciting... I think id rather be doing my usual pub/nightclub work. At least there I'd only be dealing with drunken idiots. I can deal with them attacking me... Trying the rat thing as we speak. It's definitely there... It's under the drivers seat. Oh joy!

Do you know what type it is yet? Good luck and be safe. And pics are always good lol

Can't confirm 100% what it is at this stage, but it looked like a brown... I'm leading towards that as I know theres been a few of them spotted here recently... Unfortunately I won't be able to get pics. The glass over my camera on phone is shattered. If it happened tomorrow night it'd be alright. I'm getting it fixed tomorrow... Doesn't help now

does your mate that came out to drop off a torch and snake hook have a phone? good luck, at least your not starring at a fence but at a snake lol

lol, just your luck. 2 phones with you and one has no cam and the other has a broken cam. any sign of the snake?

Lmao. I am watching this with baited breath. Can't wait to hear you got it out. And what it was. Looks like loads of others are to :)

...Trying the rat thing as we speak. It's definitely there... It's under the drivers seat. Oh joy!
How did the rat thing go?
When you say "it's definitely there", does that mean that you've seen it again or heard it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back