Styrofoam

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right place but where do you buy your styrofoam, ive tried bunnings but they dont sell it anymore. Is there any places on the gold coast that sell it because i was going to attempt at making a rock wall. (Im not asking for styrofoam i am just looking for where to buy it)

look out the back for shops such as harvey norman and alike and you should be able to snag some big bits for free :)

agree with cadwallader i got mine from back of hervey norman i haveit for sale on here somewhere

Local fruit shops. Especially if the styro box is damaged, they're more than happy to give it away.

Go see Southport obriens they will give you plenty if you tell them Damian from lismore sent you

Retravision has it for free! Just ask they will gladly give it to you to save tip fees! Nice sheet sizes too!

agree with cadwallader i got mine from back of hervey norman i haveit for sale on here somewhere

You have what for sale ? Foam ?

I've never paid for foam, as suggested make friends with the local electrical place, they have some pieces that are nice and chunky as well as flatter pieces . My green grocer keeps boxes for me , I've asked him to stop, I've got enough foam to make at least another twenty good size enclosures and I'm running out of room in the shed !

Last edited:
You have what for sale ? Foam ?

I've never paid for foam, as suggested make friends with the local electrical place, they have some pieces that are nice and chunky as well as flatter pieces . My green grocer keeps boxes for me , I've asked him to stop, I've got enough foam to make at least another twenty good size enclosures and I'm running out of room in the shed !

nah the enclosure i built is for sale here with the foam rockwall background sorry heeh

my mistake, its been a long day and reading is making my brain hurt

I just thought selling foam that you got for free was a bit cheeky -

If you want some good sized flat sheets as a starting point, aquarium shops are the go as they come packed in sheets of foam.

I got thick rigid sheets from the Harvey Norman dumpster... also got some chunky bits too.

I got all mine from work. I work in fruit veg section of coles. Just go into any coles and they'll be more than willing to give you as much as you need for free

If all else fails and you don't mind paying try insulation suppliers. I buy mine from an insulation supplier in Newcastle. Comes clean, can get size/thickness you desire and is not that expensive, certainly less expensive than from aquarium shops I have tried.

I'm building a rockwall for a monitor enclosure & am using some large styrene foam blocks, they're 300x300x100, I'm just gluing them together with liquid nails.

ega2ujah.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back