Reptile eBooks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

I just downloaded the itunes ebook "The more complete chondro, by Greg Maxwell" for $29. Bargain for a copy that will never get worn out.
Does anyone know of anyother reptile ebooks?

Gunther Schmida has a few on his site.

There are more coming from what here.

Should be some field guides released as apps in future, interested to see how user friendly they are compared to my filthy, torn hard copies :lol:

awesome!! i have always wondered if you could get reptile ebooks!

Should be some field guides released as apps in future, interested to see how user friendly they are compared to my filthy, torn hard copies :lol:
Probably depends on your eReader. I've got a few kindles and iPads, nexus 7 and a galaxy tab. Can get apps for most eReader formats.
The book above was only available in iTunes so I just use iBook. Looks great on iPad 2. Some photos are a bit pixilated on iPad 3. Not too noticeable unless you are used to retina display quality.
Its easy to skip to chapters and pages. I hope field guides are added as ebooks and not apps. To me there is little difference between an ebook and a hard copy. Exact same page layout etc. obviously you can zoom in on ebooks and highlight passages, write notes on pages and make quick bookmarks etc.

Have to wait and see I guess. I dont really get into technology much, too me years to upgrade my tradies brick to an iPhone. Only reason I did it was to run Stew's Sightings app :lol:

And what a brilliant app it is.

Are the latest kindles colour? I just have an entry level kindle and would like colour if I were to go down the road of ebook field guides.

And what a brilliant app it is.

Are the latest kindles colour? I just have an entry level kindle and would like colour if I were to go down the road of ebook field guides.
Kindle fire HD is full colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back