My water dragon isn't eating help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got a water dragon on Monday and decided to give him a day to get used to his new enclosure so I tried to feed him crickets yesterday and he refused. I sat him in a container with 4 crickets and he just ignored them, what should I do??

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Lisa,

uhm im no expert on water dragons, but perhaps see with the previous owner when last it ate and how much it ate, it may still be full from its last meal. just a very general point of view

definatly speak to previous owner/ breeder and ask what they were feeding him and how much.
my EWD eat every day and never refuse crickets, woodies, moths, silk worms ect they don't eat much veg though.

whas the temp in his enclosure and does he have water to swim in, in his enclosure

Thanks guys, I'll contact the breeder. I'm probably just over reacting and stressing over nothing. And yes he has a pool of water to swim in, I've minimized handling as much as possible as he is very wriggly.

Mine didnt eat for a few days after i got it home. Once he settled in i couldnt stop him eating. Definitely get in contact with the previous owner to see what they were feeding but i wouldnt start stressing yet. Good luck

Gee i see ur having dramas with getting a water dragon feeding..yet your already planning on breeding snakes..imagine 15+ hatchies..

Ive been breading water dragons for ages they are the most hardy dragons going around in my opinion firstly how old is it if its more than 6months old just leave it alone get the temps up to about 30 degree's an if its been eating it won't starve itself just keep offering it any thing that moves. If its only a hatchling give it a few more days to settle don't touch it make sure it has plenty of clean fresh water and let a few small crickets hop around in the enclosure you will be surprised they will eat when your not looking natural instinct is to chase any thing that moves. Of course ask the previous owner what it was eating
but don't worry to much they are really easy to keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back