Exciting times ahead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhalling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
55 yrs old and i feel like a giddy school boy today preparing for his first date, i pick up my babies today at around 3pm and the minutes are like hours, last time i was like this was while waiting for the birth of my lil girl. Is it like this for everyone prior to picking up or waiting for the delivery of their new reptile or is it just me, lol over the last hour i have been making sure everything is just right in their new click clacks, making sure temps are good etc, damn how am i gunna be at 2pm he he he, pics to follow when they settle into their new homes..................................................Ron

haha I'm pretty sure it's like this for everyone. Definitely is for me!
My two snakes were freighted, so I had to go pick them up at the air port, and as soon as I see that little container with "Live Animal" plastered all over it, and the little air holes.. I'm like a little kid at Christmas!

Can't wait to see some pics :D

Aww I am so excited for you :) You're making me want to start perusing the "For Sale" section..... Have to wait unti I move to the new house until I am allowed any more :( I am really looking forward to the photos though :) Thanks for little messages Ron :)

55 yrs old and i feel like a giddy school boy today preparing for his first date, i pick up my babies today at around 3pm and the minutes are like hours, last time i was like this was while waiting for the birth of my lil girl. Is it like this for everyone prior to picking up or waiting for the delivery of their new reptile or is it just me, lol over the last hour i have been making sure everything is just right in their new click clacks, making sure temps are good etc, damn how am i gunna be at 2pm he he he, pics to follow when they settle into their new homes..................................................Ron
U be got around 20 snakes by time ya 60 then lol......join the collectors 8)

This hobby is dangerously addictive, that "something new" feeling has to be one of the best ...

Well as promised, here is a pic of the female, she is a little sweety but the male is a bit flighty so did not want to stress them so pic of the lil girl now and the boy when he settles in ..........................Ron

Attachments

• 20130203_154557.jpg
    20130203_154557.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 20130203_154629.jpg
    20130203_154629.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 166
yup the male is Saffron, He he Saff ron...................and the female is Jasmin, and my big girl is Cinaman and all together they "spice" up my life..........................................Ron

Lol you big softy.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, nice animals. You must be pleased :)

Nice one, I had the same feeling today when I went and picked up my very first Central Beardie.
Over the moon right now. :D

Love the names! They go well together :D would love to see Saffron as well, definitely let us know when they've settled in

x

She looks gorgeous Ron. Hope they settle in well - I have no doubts they will.

Their li'l sis will be a little longer which is not of great concern to us - we would rather she be ready than take her early.

We have 2 kids here that have been nagging all week asking 'Can we go visit Cinnamon again today??'.......So we may be in touch for another visit soon! :)

Cheers,
Robert

very nice ron and yeah i get that giggly giddy feeling aswell when a new reptile is coming love it just cant get enough come to think of it i need that feeling again having severe withdrawals lol...well done ron keep us updated mate...and im almost 40 so that feeling wont be going in a hurry ..good to see you can still feel that way at your age ron lol.....great buy mate

Yeah m8 i thought i was at that stage in my life when not much excited me, well these 2 lil critters sure proved me wrong.....................................Ron

i did not think any of the pics of the male (Saffron) turned out coz he was in constant motion when i got them home and did not want to stress him, but it would seem i did get 1, so here is a pic of the male as well, not going to disturb them for another 5 or 6 days so this is it till then................................................................Ron

Attachments

• 20130203_155224.jpg
    20130203_155224.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 97
well 10 days later the kids seem to have settled in quite well, every afternoon and evening now they seem to spend more time cruising around their homes and sitting atop their rocks playing king(and queen) of the hill and seem to be waiting for me to get them out for 20 mins or so of handling, my photography has not improved because of my shaking so i think i will video them for now on and do frame captures instead, the first 3 progress shots are my lil boy Saffron, the second 3 are my adorable lil girl Jasmin, lol you may notice Saffron is a sticky beak and has to see what is going on all the time...................................Ron

Attachments

• PIC_0345.JPG
    PIC_0345.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 36
  • PIC_0335.JPG
    PIC_0335.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 34
  • PIC_0327.JPG
    PIC_0327.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 33
  • PIC_0411.JPG
    PIC_0411.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PIC_0399.JPG
    PIC_0399.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 39
  • PIC_0382.JPG
    PIC_0382.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 32
Nice markings Ron they look great, I love the way the girl rears up so much Skittles doesn't do that so much when I want to get a good pic.

They are gorgeous Ron. You sound like a proud dad. :)
When I picked up my first snake from the airport. I was a but worried as I had just read some horror stories about AAE. But when I saw the box I was so excited. I opened it up in the carpark and texted the breeder straight away. It was the same when I picked up my second one. I also spent the hours before they came checking their enclosure or click clack, even though I had it all running the week before they arrived and I knee it was fine.

I recently went on two week holiday up to Alice Spring and when I came home I was so excited to see my two boys. It was exactly the same feeling. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back