Out with the old (husband) in with the new... lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woma_Wild

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've had my heart set on owning a python for many years but husband would never allow it.

Yesterday, I went to Castle Hill expo and found my dream snake - a tanami woma.
Only 2 were at the expo,so what's a woman to do.

On a serious note - over the years,I have done a fair bit of reading on the subject.
Then, a few months ago, my nephew told me he was going to be given a free childrens python. I adviced him to do his research first and then decide.
I helped him with his research and this lead me to find more and more about womas. It was love at first sight.

Naturally, when asked if I'd like to accompany him to the expo, I jumped at the chance.

I purchased all required goodies for her and I couldn't be happier.
She is only a few weeks old but is already showing that woma "personality"

i'm sure that I will be asking heaps of questions, learning from the experts here and learning hands on too.

and yes, husband is gone. :)

Hello and welcome to the best forum there is ;) Im sorry to hear about your hubby and I'm sure you will do much better, you sound like a lovely girl 'In a, I'm not a creepy compliment making stalker that wants to do creepy things sorta way' LMFAO.

I am glad that you are very happy with your new family member, they are an amazing animal that doesn't get the respect or acknowledgement that they deserve. I would add some new person pointers around about now but it sounds like you have done your research and know the basics. But start reading around the forum 'you will pick up on things that you would have never have thought of'

Anyway enough from my end enjoy yourself and i wish you the best of luck

Blake.

P.S. From your 'friendly!!!' Reptile enthusiast.

hello and welcome :)
womas are cooly cool be sure to put up some pics of your woma

OMG you got that woma i was gunna get it but decided to look around to see how much the gear cost and when i came back he was gone. my loss your gain welcome to the community.

@Hayden. only 2 breeders had woma's. one as you walked in had 2. (but not tanamis) and another breeder had the 2 females. I got to expo doors had not opened yet. so not sure that I got THE woma you wanted. lol

@Blake - don't be sorry about the x . it's all good.

@ Nilesh. I'll post pics soon.

Welcome to the sitea and a BIG congratulations!!!! Womas are adorable and I'm so glad you got one :D You won't regret it :) Can't wait to see some piccies!!!!
(BEWARE! Snakes are addictive....you can never stop at one :shock:)

Good on you!! ;) What right do others have on imposing what they do or don't want their partners to do?? Mind you I'm not trying to suggest it's the same thing if they're hitting swingers clubs or hitting on pros :lol: You've got to be flexible in a relationship/marriage, otherwise it's ta-ta :lol:

Hi welcome to APS. Great choice with getting a woma as a first snake. They really are so much fun. I now have two myself and plan on getting more in the future. Very, very addictive. :)

Welcome to your new addiction (and sorry......but there's no cure). This is a fantastic site for information, pointers and just general chit chat about our love of reptiles.....enjoy, and again, welcome :D

I think there's probably plenty of people out there who have met their partners through work. I suppose then you have no excuse not knowing what line of work they were in before you got involved :lol: So it'd be okay ;)

Welcome to APS,but a friendly warning about Woma's,they are very addictive,one turns into two quickly...

Welcome and congratulations! What an awesome trade you made - bet the woma is sooo cute; you really must post photos :)

thanks everyone.
For now I will try to stop at one. I want to enjoy her on her own for a while. Not to mention that I have a lot to learn.

He's gone?
He's really gone just because you bought a snake???
People get outta my way I'm in a hurry to the "For Sale" section!

welcome to the family.... remember to put up some pics when you can, there a necessity not an option ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back