Incubator Temp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Been reading about people experimenting with temps so now I'm confused lol.... I was under the impression that 30.5 is the temp as this yr will be my first attempt
Ta
Pete

i have heard clutches hatch as low as 29 as long as the temps stable, but most people incubate around 30 to 31
hope this helps, also what will you be breeding ants?

cooly cool
good luck i hope they breed for you

Over the years there has been a lot of discussion re incubator temps.
I've know a breeder who incubates everything from woma to spotted at 29.9C and another who vowed and declared that woma would not hatch at a temp less than 31.5C
That person was a keeper of some 25 years experience and he was wrong, at 29.9C they just take a bit longer.

At the other end of the scale the largest breeder in USA incubated everything at 32C

Eggs are made tough,. You mentioned 30.5C, that's fine. Myself I use 31.5C and have done for many years.

Over the years I've played around with incubator temps and used temps as low as 24.5C and had eggs hatch. Admittedly at that temp the incubating time blow out to around 123 days but eggs do hatch.

The most common temps used are anywhere between 30 and 32C so pick a figure you like and all going well the eggs will hatch......

Thanks much appreciated.... It was your thread else where that confused me a bit but Tganks again for clarifying the usual temp range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back