Ghost Children's Python? please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissAmelia

Reaction score
Okay so I've never owned a snake before but I'm very interested in the children's pythons because I've heard that they are a great first snake. I can't seem to find many breeders in my area but I did some research online and went to a pet store and the guy showed me a 3.5 month old 'children's ghost python', she was lovely but she didn't seem to look like the pictures i have seen on some sites. I'm defiantly no expert on children's morphs (or snakes for that matter) but if he is going to charge me $395 for her i want to be sure i know what I'm getting. If anyone knows any registered breeders around Brisbane QLD please let me know! Also is it better to buy a young hatchling or one thats a bit older ?
Please help me out! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 417
My advice is never pay 395 for a children's from a pet store as I think you could probably get a much nicer snake for half the price from a lot of different breeders. I don't know any breeders in the brisbane area but search the for sale section on here and I am sure you will find plenty of people who could offer you an amazing animal.

I thought it sounded a bit expensive for a first snake, I'll have a look on here :) thankyou so much for the reply!

you could also go with a spotted python from breeders very similar and litttle difference and they also have afew cool patterns and tones in them and for half the price of this snake youve seen at the petshop good luck with choosing a snake

I love the look of the spotted python! I am going to continue looking, thankyou for the reply :)

Also there is no such thing as registered breeders per se. more like professional breeders or small breeders with excellent reputations for producing quality animals...
So do your research when it comes to finding someone or go off confirmed recommendations.
Searching on here will also turn up plenty of fantastic breeeders.

i have a reduced pattern childrens she cost about $150 and a caramel childrens python he cost $120. but that ghost does look really nice. but you can find great childrens pythons from breeders for $100 - $150.

I say go for the ghost, he/she looks great!
what shop is it, I would love to check it out myself.

Have you had a look at the Scales and Tales outlet in Oxley? They have a nice little shop and i believe last week they recieved some stock from Peter Birch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back