Movement advice. Anyone computer wise around?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, Guys,
After having the computer repaired, I tried to put on my old "Microsoft Office" copy. A tiny scratch stops it from firing up.
I'm only using office for movement advices, do I need to fork out $109 for a new copy or is there any free software to download?

Try OpenOffice mate. Not my favorite but I know a few people that swear by it.

You can download a copy if you can find one and just use your original key provided it is the same version.

Get some Braso and rub the disk and make sure you then clean it all off with a clean soft rag..

Some video stores, computer places, etc will actually 'grind' down the disk for you so it works perfectly again. What it does is takes a layer off so the scratch dissapears and hey presto! It works!!!
One of my mum's friend does it for my brother when he scratches the hell out of his games *sigh* It works though. If you can find one of those people then you should be fine, it normally only costs $5-$10 to get it done!

Thanks guys, I have a feeling the disc is beyond repair as the label has come off in fragments making it seethrough. Might give a few computer stores a call to see what can be done. Anyone other suggestions?

Some video stores, computer places, etc will actually 'grind' down the disk for you so it works perfectly again. What it does is takes a layer off so the scratch dissapears and hey presto! It works!!!
One of my mum's friend does it for my brother when he scratches the hell out of his games *sigh* It works though. If you can find one of those people then you should be fine, it normally only costs $5-$10 to get it done!

Thanks guys, I have a feeling the disc is beyond repair as the label has come off in fragments making it seethrough. Might give a few computer stores a call to see what can be done. Anyone other suggestions?
In my opinion I would just track down another copy of the program, even a downloaded version and use your original key as Ramsayi said.

Now this post may be removed so I'll be selective in what I say. Depending on what version of office you have there may still be a download available for it on the microsoft website, google office microsoft download or something along those lines. If you have office 2007 I can send you an installer for it and you can use your own key with it (the program is useless without it).

Another option is to contact office support via email or call and ask for help about it.

Yep Google Microsoft office 20xx download and you should be able to find it, even if its a "trial" it won't matter. Once you put in your key it becomes the full version with all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, Guys,
After having the computer repaired, I tried to put on my old "Microsoft Office" copy. A tiny scratch stops it from firing up.
I'm only using office for movement advices, do I need to fork out $109 for a new copy or is there any free software to download?

Take it to your local DVD shop ie blockbuster and they usually charge $5 to buff the scratches out

As others have said, go to the Microsoft web site, download the trial version and the use your original key that came with it to "upgrade".

Download open office.

Borrow someone else's and use your key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back