Skink ID Please :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SE Qld is a big area... It's a male Carlia species, can't make out the keels on the back scales (required to positively ID) but it could either be vivax, tetradactyla or pectoralis.
Judging purely on pattern and my gut feeling I would ID it as Carlia vivax.

I got it down to Carlia vivax or C. pectoralis. Upon closer inspection I would say Carlia vivax.
Lines of he keels on the dorsum are paired and these are consistent with the width of one scale. The top of the head is not coppery coloured but greyish. It lacks any black margining on what can be seen of the chin and neck scales. There is no indication of an orange flush across the chest from what little can be seen. There is also no indication of any dorsal black lines.

Blue

I got it down to Carlia vivax or C. pectoralis. Upon closer inspection I would say Carlia vivax.
Lines of he keels on the dorsum are paired and these are consistent with the width of one scale. The top of the head is not coppery coloured but greyish. It lacks any black margining on what can be seen of the chin and neck scales. There is no indication of an orange flush across the chest from what little can be seen. There is also no indication of any dorsal black lines.

Blue

Appreciate the explanation blue!

Always enjoy reading your posts. Cheers

Blue
This post is an excellent example of just what is required in ID responses. i.e. not only saying what species you think it is but giving reasons why. This makes it more educational and empowers those making an enquiry and readers alike, as to how positive ID's are made.

I think Blue has to be the greatest raconteur i have ever had the privilage to read, his explanations are concise and definative and leave the reader in no doubt as to his credentials, although a lot of his Id's sound like he has swallowed everything Goggins has ever written he never comes across as condescending nor does he try to belittle the reader..."CUDOSS" to you Blue +++++++++++++++++++1 m8........................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back