Petition sign it please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people are going to comment on this issue can they be mindful of what they write and make sure anything written is in adherence with all APS rules.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

The blatant racism after that video was disgusting. Animal cruelty in unacceptable but looking at one video then tarring all Chinese people or worse all Asian people with the same brush isn’t going to stop animals suffering, all it does is spread prejudice. Anyone remember the video taken of one of our own abattoirs where pigs were abused?

After volunteering for RSPCA for a couple of years some of the atrocities I saw would unfortunately rival that video. Maybe we should all take a good look at our own backyard before attacking others. There is no denying that China is responsible for some horrible acts of animal cruelty but so are other countries.

As some of you may know I am a great supporter of the rehoming of retired greyhounds and for a while was involved in the greyhound industry dealing with these gorgeous animals. You would all be disgusted if you knew the amount of our dogs end up in China in horrible conditions but you would all be disgusted in some of the conditions and abuse they have received in our own country. There are a lot of good people in greyhound racing that genuinely care about their dogs but they are outweighed by the bad ones.

That being said, I am quite happy for other cultures to eat cat, dogs, horses, whatever because after all we eat animals other cultures disagree with such as cows and pigs, but all animals deserve respect and a humane death. We all need to lead by example and be respectful of other cultures customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back