Who said Stimi's don't climb???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Geeza

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wasnt me...........
lol.gif

8594819722_c8317567d5_c.jpg

That lock is 85 cm off the ground and he still gets there...cheeky bugger till he goes THUMP!!!!!!
whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif
bash.gif

8593719193_70009c3f62_c.jpg

In answer to your thread: Nobody with common sense.

lol ive told this story before on here lol but my stimmy escaped one night and i found him high up on a wall behind a mirror! the last place i was looking too my little boy stood on a chair bumped the mirror and down popped his tail :lol: I reckon all stimmys should have a branch of some kind because they definantly can and do climb :D i actually had a few logs, and even a basking shelf for mine lol he used it all especially at night when he came out to play.

Last edited:
Well according to the 'keeping childrens pythons' book they may be partly arboreal seeking prey items from tree's, whether thats true or not idk but both my Antaresia love to climb, they make full use of their branch. How often do u find him like that ozimid? lol. Their funny little things sometimes. :)

I've owned stimi's for 3 yrs now and my experience is that I would rather keep the climbing frames low as they go BUMP far to offen.... I've gone to basic stuff for them ATM due to me in process off changing all my enclosures

my stimsoni spends most of his time during the day relaxing on one of his shelves and at night he climbs constantly, can't wait to put him in his big enclosure that is going to be around 70cm-80cm high with some lovely driftwood and a climbable rockwall hopefully.

I don’t know about them being arboreal but in nature they have to be able to negotiate rock outcrops in search of food and lodgings, many of which can be quite steep. BHPs and Womas have the same ability to climb things like rough brick walls, which you would naturally imagine they could not do. Stimi’s and other Antaresia just need the occasional crevice as they go and you will find they almost never go “bump”. In the absence of a ‘rock wall’ they will climb over, and often on, any decent sized branches.

It is prudent to include a slightly raised branch or log with all snakes as crawling over it helps the passage of food through the intestinal tract. The multitude of lumps and bumps they traverse in nature does the same trick.

Blue

Who said it? Presumably the same genius who said womas and BHPs don't climb.

My Mac climbs EVERYTHING in her enclosure especially the log, she also tail stands against the glass and tries to reach the top of the enclosure... It's 850 high btw.

P1240016.JPGP1240008.JPG

Actually as Blue mentions since she moved in she basically doesn't go bump because she uses the crevices in the wall and the log to full effect.

Nobody told my stimmie she's not supposed to climb, she's all over her rock wall and shelves, I agree with Blue's comments about their natural range and whilst not fully arboreal they wouldn't survive with out some climbing ability.

Well, I found my stimmi out in the shed in a mouse tub. The mouse tub is about 6 foot off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back