Albino Darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffherper

Reaction score
Hi all,
Collecting my first albino/het pair of Darwin's this weekend. Just a little excited. What is the general consensus on light (sun and globes) affecting the albinos. You read all different opinions. I'm after advice from albino keepers. Thanks.

I would also like to know....can i ask whom u r getting ya pair from?...here is mine i picked up other week....Albino deap in shed but should show the goods next week...lol
8597644078_9ee268bf11_c.jpg

8596538851_d1899a3929_c.jpg

I'm getting a pair of albino darwins m/f next month exciting times
il be using my old Murray darling enclosurer which has a heat globe can't wait to bring them home

apparently the sun is bad for theyre eyes, i only put mine out in the aviary on really overcast days, or on mild nights.

i find my big girl tends to have her head buried in her coils alot, the other 2 are in a darker room than her and dont do that, so i do think they are more sensitive to light.

i use heat panels, i havent tried globes with the albinos.

Wow ozimid. They are awesome where'd you get em?? Love the rpm het. I'm collecting mine from mungus aka aleks :)

Cheers Chris1. Do you find that they get 'sunburnt' or sensitive at all when they are exposed to light?

I cant comment on the sunburnt bit cos ive never really had them in the sun for extended periods, but they dont seem to appreciate bright light.

Wow ozimid. They are awesome where'd you get em?? Love the rpm het. I'm collecting mine from mungus aka aleks :)
Got these from mark and pia's reptiles ... Collected them at Penrith expo as he held them back for me ...Ramsayi on here.... Yours should be nice as seen some of Alex snakes and sure u will be well plzd

Got these from mark and pia's reptiles ... Collected them at Penrith expo as he held them back for me ...Ramsayi on here.... Yours should be nice as seen some of Alex snakes and sure u will be well plzd

yeh I am looking forward to seeing them in person when I collect :)

Sry we abit off thread.... Can anyone answer the original Question about lights and letting ya Albino out for a wander on the grass in the sun??

I use a heat radiator panel and a l.e.d strip for lighting. I havent had any problems. He still sits on his branch while the light is on. Ive been told the led lights dont put out UV so it shouldnt harm them. Please correct me if im wrong though.

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 34
hey im getting my albino darwin in two weeks and have and a 50W reptileone UV light in there(one of the red ones) should that be alright in a med size tank?:)
i checked having it on at night last night till 12am this morning from 10.50pm last night without it on and in that time it got till 26oC from 22oC../: that wouldnt be good to leave on allnight aye cause donnt they need 24hr heating?:)
she'll be a 12 week old hatchling:)

Last edited:
I let mine out in the sun. I dont have them out there for hours maybe half a hour but have never had any problems. They cruise around and seem to enjoy it. I asked Wayne (Xtreme reptiles) the same thing when i bought mine and he said he takes his adult outside as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back